04-05-2019, 07:13 PM
User Info
So where do I order this lifestyle?  W00t

0 41
 04-06-2019, 03:06 AM
User Info
I've watched a few bits of his early shows. Bear Grylls, alone in the wild. Such a fake... Tongue 
If he is "Alone" in the wild....who's operating the camera and boom mike?

1 1,073
 04-06-2019, 04:04 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
This program is fascinating. But how contrived is it, really? I’ve never heard of or seen this man before.

13 3,408
 04-06-2019, 05:36 AM
User Info
That isn't Bear Grylls

18 672
 04-06-2019, 01:07 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
now I have been watching Shawn James for some time now. I never miss an episode. IMHO it is not contrived. He bought a piece of land in rural ontario. he is building his home with the trees he cuts down by hand. he processes the trees into logs and lumber but when he needs to buy he is upfront about it like roof shingles a wood stove whatever. 

if you are curious about seeing someone live in a way that is being lost to social and cultural changes in human behavior
if you ever fantasized even as a child of one day being able to do for yourself ie build your home with your own hands, harvest game, fish, etc without any restrictions other than what you impose on yourself, then this video series My Self Reliance by Shawn James is for you.

I think he is the real deal. YMMV

ps he is not so alone, his golden retriever is always by his side
    also his wife and daughters and friends visit regularly

0 252
 04-06-2019, 02:09 PM
User Info
But Bear is fake. I read an article about the fake "reality" shows on TV. Bear, Naked and Alive, Pawn Stars,Storage Wars, Pickers....all staged.
This guy, I never saw.

1 1,073
 04-06-2019, 04:22 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I saw one were he showed you can squeeze  elephant poop to get water. Now all he had to do was TELL us that but no, he demonstrated it. Why? That was a rhetorical question by the way.

8 2,601