04-14-2019, 05:20 PM
User Info
(04-14-2019, 04:24 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I have used these in mild to moderately aggressive razors, and for me they are not as smooth as the vintage 'Swedes,' nor do they last as many shaves before starting to dull and drag.

When you say “these” do you mean the newly packaged blades that look like Swedes or do you mean the old Gillette Platinums that we all know?

2 242
 04-14-2019, 10:01 PM
User Info
(04-14-2019, 05:20 PM)MntnMan62 Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 04:24 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: I have used these in mild to moderately aggressive razors, and for me they are not as smooth as the vintage 'Swedes,' nor do they last as many shaves before starting to dull and drag.

When you say “these” do you mean the newly packaged blades that look like Swedes or do you mean the old Gillette Platinums that we all know?
I was referring to the ones offered by Phil.

229 13,298
 04-15-2019, 05:17 AM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
Since I only use a blade twice there was no issue for me. Never used the old Swedes so can’t compare. I can say I like them better than GSB’s,Nacets, or Polsilver.

53 721
 04-15-2019, 11:22 AM
User Info
Well, I found a seller online who is offering smaller denominations of these blades.  Either 10 or 20.  I made an offer and tried to split the difference but he was unwilling to do that so I declined his last offer.  Between this seller's unwillingness to be reasonable (I offered %0.45 a blade) and Gillette's total lack of willingness to help understand the difference between these new blades and their other Gillette Platinum offering now has me where I don't want to try them at all.  Am I the one being unreasonable here?  Maybe, but I don't think so.  I'll just keep watching the threads as I'm sure more people will comment on their experiences with them.  I'm happy to stick with my Gillette Silver Blues and will buy some more Polsilvers to add to my current stable.  I'm happy with that.

2 242