04-11-2019, 02:23 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
I just received Lather Bros Soaring Fire soap/as combo today.  I was excited as I love Dior Fahrenheit and treasure the vintage bottle I have.  I was excited when I found out they had made a fahrenheit inspired soap.  This was my first Lather Bros soap so I figured what the heck I'll give it a try.  When I took my lunch break today I saw my mailman had already been by so I grabbed my package, ripped it open and took a whiff.  Let's just say I was very disappointed as I didn't get anything close to fahrenheit.  I also considered maybe upon use the scent will open up, so I held off my judgment until tonight's shave.  Well, I'm still disappointed.  The soap was okay, decent lather and slickness, but nowhere near the top 20 soaps I used, and will probably go in the bottom cabinet drawer and remain there for the rest of it's life.  The a/s however won't be spared.  Straight to the trash.  I've only washed and scrubbed my face twice after shaving due to a bad product.  One was ciderhouse soap.  Loved the scent, but it lit up my face pretty badly.  The other product was Lilac Vegetal.  I am definitely not one of the chosen ones when it comes to the Veg.  Back to Soaring Fire a/s.  The a/s is actually fine when it comes to it's properties and how it made my face feel.  The scent on the other hand is pretty incomparable.  There are a couple things that come to mind, but I'll hold off saying them here.

72 812
 04-11-2019, 03:22 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Thank you for your honest impressions of this soap and AS.

12 2,418
 04-11-2019, 03:41 PM
User Info
I concur with Shawn's remark.  All constructive, sincere reviews are appreciated.  I've never tried any Lather Bros soaps or aftershaves.

60 10,696
 04-12-2019, 04:32 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
YMMV always applies, of course, but...not off to a good start with Lather Bros when the first time I hear of a soap the report is rather negative.

0 493