04-15-2019, 05:58 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
+1 on foods - particularly marzipan (looking at you Cella). 

Vanilla gets a mention here too - sweet 'flavors' are not my thing. 

Florals are tricky - too much in any direction and I'm out.  DRH Lavender seems to get it about right for me. MdC 'original' is pushing it a bit, but the rosemary seems to bring the lavender back down. 

While some folks dig on Rose, I haven't found one I truly enjoyed yet.

I also have little enthusiasm for Labadnam, when put up front.

12 116
 04-15-2019, 06:37 PM
User Info
I’ve always had an adverse reaction to incense, frankincense etc.

34 1,789
 04-16-2019, 07:38 AM
User Info
Leather.  

Anything smoky at all.  I hate smoke scents.  

Unfortunately for me, I am allergic to cedar and to sandalwood.  I like both scents, but cannot purchase soaps that have them, because of my allergies.  This rules out a LOT of soaps and a TON of colognes, as you can imagine.

3 1,984
 04-16-2019, 09:25 AM
  • iamsms
  • The Patient Disciple
  • New Jersey
User Info
Caramel, Coffee (I love drinking coffee though), Chocolate, Incense, Cinnamon, Hops, Honeysuckle, Candy - so mostly food.

5 104
 04-16-2019, 06:23 PM
User Info
Not crazy about vetiver, lime, juniper, pine.  No menthol for me either.

1 320
 04-16-2019, 11:47 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Cinnamon
Clove
Almond
Oud

60 2,590
 04-17-2019, 05:59 AM
User Info
I think I just don't have as many damper scent as others on the thread as I have several, several scent in my probably over a hundred soap in my den that I enjoy. Some are not girlfriend approuved, but from all the polarizing scent from B&M, Southern Witchcraft, Declaration Grooming, Chiseled Face, PAA and all the citrus, aquatic, earthy, fruity, floral scent I have, the only one I wasn't enjoying was the Just Right For a Tuesday from B&M. So, I guess the only note so far that I just can't stand is the Violet when it is predominant. I have the Vide Poche from declaration, which is a floral scent, and I really enjoy it.

Exception made from the Violet I think that I don't enjoy the one that are too much gourmand!

0 105