04-17-2019, 08:23 PM
User Info
Looking for feedback on the Timeless Ti .95 smooth cap and safety bar.

1 66
 04-17-2019, 09:37 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
No personal experience.  However, I posted a similar question on another shaving forum and received positive comments even compared to the Paradigm T1.  I came close to buying - chose the Paradigm T2 instead.  

I also understand the scallops are more decorative than functional.  The flat cap saves some money.

16 806
 04-18-2019, 01:14 AM
User Info
Excellent razor smooth and efficient but I prefer the Scalloped which is still smooth but slightly more efficient

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

30 904
 04-18-2019, 04:36 AM
User Info
I purchased a Ti95SB a year ago February and it instantly made every other razor I had obsolete and sold everything off. I've since added a SS95DC because the deal was just too good to pass up but I'm set for life right now. The Ti has a softer face feel than the SS and is just a slight bit less efficient, but not by much. If I were to suggest anything it would be to get a dual comb plate for it. I'm an every other day shaver and there are times when I slip to 3-4 days without shaving and the OC side of my SS95DC really shines in the moment. I will probably replace the SB and get a DC plate for the Ti95 sometime this year...

4 164
 04-18-2019, 05:17 AM
User Info
Amazing razor, but it does take a different technique if you are used to the weight of stainless steel.  I need to use pressure with the Ti where the weight of the stainless does the work.  This is a small thing and quickly learned.  I have both the scalloped and the SB and don't really notice a difference other than aesthetics- the scalloped is prettier and I find myself reaching for that one for looks alone. If you are just about the shave you, can't go wrong with the .95 Ti smooth cap and SB combo.

0 68
 04-18-2019, 09:10 AM
User Info
The SB is the smoothest feeling with the least blade feel of the three. The scalloped & particularly the OC are more efficient with more blade feel.

4 17
 04-18-2019, 01:32 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Love Timeless razors best pure shavers I have encountered except tough to maneuver around tight confines such as nose. Preference is for SS as it just works better for the technique employed and OC as their unique design is the best OC DE ever encountered - so smooth yet efficient. Also prefer smooth cap

4 442
 04-18-2019, 01:45 PM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 01:32 PM)DanLaw Wrote: Love Timeless razors best pure shavers I have encountered except tough to maneuver around tight confines such as nose. Preference is for SS as it just works better for the technique employed and OC as their unique design is the best OC DE ever encountered - so smooth yet efficient. Also prefer smooth cap
I totally agree with you I think a lot of people appreciate the Timeless but they definitely fly underneath the radar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

30 904
 04-18-2019, 10:03 PM
User Info
I found the design bulky and SS model heavy....the ti model will be lighter but the construction is still bulky.

Im not a fan.

3 315
 04-19-2019, 05:11 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 10:03 PM)Tester28 Wrote: I found the design bulky and SS model heavy....the ti model will be lighter but the construction is still bulky.

Im not a fan.

+1

I had .95 Ti scalloped. Weight o.k., but bulky head ... That Ti ifinish was also very poor in comparison with for example Paradigm Ti. Sold it and never regret. On the other hand, here are some members which I respect and they love theirs Timeless razors.

15 566
 04-19-2019, 06:21 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Also sold or traded (forgot) my SS Timeless scalloped razors, they where good shavers but I found them bulky and not that appealing to my eyes, bit of work to clean the baseplates. No experience with the Ti (but a friend is getting one that I'm allowed to try).

39 1,603
 04-24-2019, 03:37 AM
User Info
Can the Timeless Ti be polished? It looks different than any other Ti I’ve seen.

1 66
 04-24-2019, 03:44 AM
User Info
(04-24-2019, 03:37 AM)Bullyson Wrote: Can the Timeless Ti be polished? It looks different than any other Ti I’ve seen.

It could be for sure. Not long ago a fellow listed a TI Wolfman on ebay. In the description he stated that James Dufour was a friend of his, and that this TI W was the only one that he had made polished, and that he'd never polish another. Years ago I had a TI Litespeed bicycle, and a Moots TI bicycle. Both with brushed finish. I'm guessing it must be hard to get a mirror finish on TI, and that is why we don't often see polished TI products. I could be wrong, I was wrong once before  Angel

9 277
 04-24-2019, 03:58 AM
User Info
Yes it can be done. But you need to have a LOT, really a LOT of free time to acheive it. And I also would tell you that you must use powered tool to do it. Doing it with sand paper would be silly.

You can buy a small plate of titanium on the bay or elsewhere for a few dollars and give it a try to see if you think it might worth it to give it a shot on a razor!

Edit : Also consider that if you give it a try on a small plate that this one will be flat, which is not the case for the razor handle and head. A lot of angle that might complicate the thing quite a bit.

0 185
 04-24-2019, 05:48 PM
User Info
The Titanium Timeless uses is grade 5 and Wolfman I believe is grade2. I have a polished WR1 Titanium so I can guarantee the one on EBay was not the only one. From what I was told the alloy in grade 2 is better for polishing. The Timeless Ti is a great razor but I wasn’t a fan of the dull color. Just my opinion

30 518
 04-26-2019, 05:12 PM
  • CK89
User Info
I have Timeless TI .95 Dual Comb, it is one of my amazing razors. It is pretty efficient, smooth and not feeling blade as well. 
Paradigm TI finishing is definitely better than Timeless, but Paradigm is much more expensive than Timeless. Almost double of the price. 
You will not be disappointed with Timeless TI. 
I love Timeless design, but it is not easy to clean it as the other three piece razors.

2 11