04-18-2019, 12:44 AM
User Info

Honestly, I don't care too much if people injure or kill themselves because they are idiots - but inattentive driving has a high risk of injuring or killing others too.

3 6,281
 04-18-2019, 02:59 AM
User Info
Thankfully self-driving cars are around the corner and not a day too soon, if you ask me. Smile
Maybe a Tesla computer will malfunction from time to time but at least it won't text makeup tips to its girlfriends while driving.

1 235
 04-18-2019, 04:16 AM
User Info
Self driving cars scare the crap out of me, just as much or maybe more than texting. When one is driving one drives and nothing else. It's a pretty simple rule. The penalty for getting caught texting while driving should be similar to drunk driving.

Our car "sees" where the lane is and will assist in staying between the lines, and will also maintain speed and following distance. But to trust it to drive the car? No way. To the car mfgrs' credit the car goes bonkers if I have my hands off the wheel for more than a few seconds. FWIW, trusting soul that I am, I had them hovering over the wheel in testing the system. I was ready to grab the wheel and take over. As good as that system is there are things that it just can't handle and things can happen quickly at 75mph. Now maybe in the city in a special self driven car lane they'd be OK. But where I live and under the conditions I drive they won't even come close to working.

Hans, I love watching videos like that! How can anything be so important other than keeping oneself safe? I don't understand and never will. I agree with you, as long as someone wants to get a Darwin Award and take no one else with them, I'll all for their ability to choose. I do genuinely feel for the responders though who need to gather up the bodies. I can't imagine the nightmares and PTSD they might have from it.

32 6,564
 04-18-2019, 05:15 AM
User Info
Where I live, It would be just impossible to have these self driving car as winter here is something crazy! Just drive when you're driving!

0 114
 04-18-2019, 07:33 AM
User Info
I'm not a trusting person... Sad I don't use a "smart" phone, I don't want it getting the idea its smarter than me.
The idea of a car driving itself..... Nono Third step in the "Machine Revolt"... Shok 
Don't trust horses either.

1 1,073