04-18-2019, 03:52 AM
User Info
This IS NOT a fair test. Let me explain, I have written many times, how much I like C.R. Salter. C.R. Salter is a very good product.
So I've been using ADP all this month, except Sunday, so this morning I thought I'd compare two "like" croaps…..CRS & ADP.
Nope, should not have done it... Mad  Ignorance is a good thing sometimes , in this instance. If you are happy with CRS, great.
If you have not tried ADP, stay that way. Will you "try" heroin, just to see how good it is ? ADP is expensive, heroin too.
CRS much less in price and a very good product....until you try ADP... Sad  Just trying to help..."Say No to drugs and Acqua di Parma"
Stay safe guys, use more mundane and less expensive things...You'll be happier in years to come... Cheers

1 1,073
 04-18-2019, 04:21 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
Said the spider to the fly. Now every member will want ADP.

On the other hand comparing a shave soap to a drug that has killed and otherwise ruined lives and families points out that thankfully you have not experienced the suffering caused by heroin or Vicodin or OxyContin.

0 482
 04-18-2019, 04:41 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
And we should all have stayed with our first razor, we would be much happier (or is it richer) now.  Biggrin

39 1,621
 04-18-2019, 04:42 AM
User Info
That was indeed a bad comparison to say the least. I don't know when was the last time you saw a drug addict in person and not in a movie. I saw one recently downtown and felt really sorry for him (and his family).

60 2,730
 04-18-2019, 05:02 AM
User Info
I like my Cyril Salter better than ADP.

When I was recently getting rid of some stuff I didn’t use that much the ADP left, and the Cyril Salter Almond stayed.

Vr

Matt

36 2,326
 04-18-2019, 05:08 AM
User Info
I do understand the point behind the fact that heroin can destroy lives, but I don't see how it can be a bad comparison as I do think that it was only to point out that AdP might be addictive to the ones that will buy it as much as heroin can be for heroin users. That begin said, I can understand that someone might not like that comparison.

About the product itself, I taught about buying it but something inside me always told me to not do it. Maybe I knew from the inside that I would be addicted to it and it was better for me to not get into it.

0 286
 04-18-2019, 05:15 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 05:08 AM)ImJustMe Wrote: I do understand the point behind the fact that heroin can destroy lives, but I don't see how it can be a bad comparison as I do think that it was only to point out that AdP might be addictive to the ones that will buy it as much as heroin can be for heroin users. That begin said, I can understand that someone might not like that comparison.

He said that you don't have to try the ADP as you don't have to do drugs (heroin) to see if they're good for you. [Also, he stated that both are expensive (not that accurate, because heroin is the drug of the poor)]. 

And now that I read it again, I don't really care what he meant. Comparing a shaving product to a dangerous drug that causes pain and death is totally wrong.

If this is not a bad comparison, then what it is. It easily wins the award for the worst comparison I've read since I started participating in forums.

60 2,730
 04-18-2019, 05:25 AM
User Info
Putting aside the ridiculous comparison with drugs, it really is a shame that some feel it necessary to continuously bash products due to price and suggest that others would be better served by only using cheap products.

Some members like Arko and Palmolive. Others like like products of high quality and are willing to pay a premium for ownership.

Give it a rest.

229 1,366
 04-18-2019, 06:14 AM
User Info
Without making comparisons, and regardless of price considerations,  I find both C.R. Salter French Vetiver and AdP  to be excellent.

60 10,556
 04-18-2019, 07:22 AM
User Info
Wow.  There's quite a bit of angst over this thread.  Allow me to rephrase the OPs post:

I was happy with CR Salter cream, and thought it made a nice shaving lather, until I did a direct comparison against Aqua di Parma.  I found the ADP to be vastly superior.  Not that CRS is a bad product, by any means, but it suffered by comparison.  

ADP is very expensive; so, if you have CRS cream in your stable and you like the way it lathers and shaves, perhaps it is best to just be satisfied with that, rather than to try ADP.  If you try it, you might decide that you like it a lot better, in which case you might feel compelled to buy it and keep it in your den, which could end up costing you a lot of money. 

Just a word to the wise.  

There.  Is that better?   ;-)

3 2,011
 04-18-2019, 07:25 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 06:14 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Without making comparisons, and regardless of price considerations,  I find both C.R. Salter French Vetiver and AdP  to be excellent.
+1

84 6,349
 04-18-2019, 07:44 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 05:15 AM)nikos.a Wrote: He said that you don't have to try the ADP as you don't have to do drugs (heroin) to see if they're good for you. [Also, he stated that both are expensive (not that accurate, because heroin is the drug of the poor)]. 

And now that I read it again, I don't really care what he meant. Comparing a shaving product to a dangerous drug that causes pain and death is totally wrong.

If this is not a bad comparison, then what it is. It easily wins the award for the worst comparison I've read since I started participating in forums.

+100 One of the worst posts of all time! Not surprising though.

0 130
 04-18-2019, 08:05 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 03:52 AM)zipper Wrote: This IS NOT a fair test. Let me explain, I have written many times, how much I like C.R. Salter. C.R. Salter is a very good product.
So I've been using ADP all this month, except Sunday, so this morning I thought I'd compare two "like" croaps…..CRS & ADP.
Nope, should not have done it... Mad  Ignorance is a good thing sometimes , in this instance. If you are happy with CRS, great.
If you have not tried ADP, stay that way. Will you "try" heroin, just to see how good it is ? ADP is expensive, heroin too.
CRS much less in price and a very good product....until you try ADP... Sad  Just trying to help..."Say No to drugs and Acqua di Parma"
Stay safe guys, use more mundane and less expensive things...You'll be happier in years to come... Cheers

Tasteless, shameful and a useless post.

0 126
 04-18-2019, 08:37 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I am more puzzled that Cyril Salter was described as a croap. When I used to carry it, it was a very soft cream. Have they changed the formulation?

53 21,655
 04-18-2019, 09:41 AM
User Info
Is this a new Cyril R. Salter formula? When I tried it a few years ago I REALLY disliked it.

14 660
 04-18-2019, 09:54 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 08:37 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I am more puzzled that Cyril Salter was described as a croap. When I used to carry it, it was a very soft cream. Have they changed the formulation?

Maybe they left the lid off and turned their cream into a croap!  

On the topic, shaving gear performance is subjective in terms of performance and value.  Utilize the gear that you are comfortable buying and don't fret more expensive options if they are out of your comfort range.  Not all of the best performing products are expensive.  Some shavers are drawn to luxury, while others navigate to value.

There is no right or wrong answer.

9 211
 04-18-2019, 09:57 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 08:37 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I am more puzzled that Cyril Salter was described as a croap. When I used to carry it, it was a very soft cream. Have they changed the formulation?

It's definitely a soft cream.  This one is from 2018.

[Image: ckf9N4D.jpg]

60 10,556
 04-18-2019, 10:25 AM
  • Nero
User Info
How do we know he's not talking about the hard soap?

98 4,141
 04-18-2019, 10:35 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 09:57 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:

It's definitely a soft cream.  This one is from 2018.

[Image: ckf9N4D.jpg]
I had the Essential Lime which was almost watery when I bought it.

60 2,730
 04-18-2019, 10:38 AM
User Info
(04-18-2019, 10:25 AM)Nero Wrote: How do we know he's not talking about the hard soap?

The one I used was pretty hard, it came in a white mini tub with the rounded edges, and the label was printed on the lid.

14 660