04-20-2019, 11:25 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Whatever works for you. But I think we all agree that some razors hold their value much better than others. This was the main point of this thread.

60 2,593
 04-20-2019, 01:23 PM
User Info
(04-20-2019, 11:25 AM)nikos.a Wrote: Whatever works for you. But I think we all agree that some razors hold their value much better than others. This was the main point of this thread.

Indeed, and it is interesting to see how the razors that held their value well a while ago suddenly drop in resale value while other razors suddenly can't be had for love nor money Smile

3 6,290
 04-21-2019, 07:27 AM
User Info
Isnt this true for almost everything? Was the 150 dollars I spent on dinner last night  worth it to me even though I only have the memory? What about our iPhones that we paid 1000 for and it's junk and worthless in two years? You can't take money with you and living in fear of losing some will take away a lot of the pleasures in life.

15 112
 04-21-2019, 08:22 AM
User Info
I have an ATT SE1 - a very easy to get razor which, on the secondhand market, sells for much less than it’s new price. When assessing the SE1’s value, consider the current market price as well as it’s ability to perform the task asked of it. 

- the SE1 still shaves fantastic; I’m not left wanting. If I keep the razor, it holds it’s functional & aesthetic value.
- I could sell the SE1 at a loss to chase the promise of a better shave - spending even more in the process. 

If my sole concern is making good financial decisions, I should keep the razor as it loses monetary value when I sell it. Because it continues to provide value with every shave, this becomes a question of being happy with what I have vs. my shaving net worth. In the end, I’ve determined that I don’t need to be a rich shaving man, just a happy one Smile 

*Note that my SE1 is paired with a UFO Grand Titan L, which has only appreciated in value - and I won’t sell it for the same reason that I keep the SE1 head. [i]The value on the secondhand market has increased for one item while decreasing for the other and yet this is irrelevant. Both item’s [/i]functional and aesthetic value surpass the monetary amount I would receive.  

[Image: D9Vm8Tp.jpg]

34 1,808
 04-21-2019, 09:05 AM
User Info
 05-02-2019, 12:39 PM
User Info
Funny as my thoughts on purchasing razors and anything shaving seem to be vastly different than most here. I don't think I ever thought of it as an investment. More of a hobby hoping to try something new that I would really like and that somehow really works for me as far as shaving goes. Selling something after trying it means I don't really think it was a great purchase, long term or otherwise. Some money back is better than throwing it away or letting it sit around in a drawer. I get to move on to something else to try/ At least that's the way I look at purchases. If you don't have the money to throw it away I guess you really shouldn't have purchased whatever in the first place. That goes for cars for sure. Life is finite. You live, you use, you enjoy or not and then you die. Hopefully someone else will dry a few tears when you are gone?

0 61