04-27-2019, 03:25 AM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Just popping in to say hello!
If you don’t recognize me, that’s to be expected. If you do remember... sorry? Wink
Just kidding, of course. Lots of changes over the past 7 years or so since it seems I logged on last, but still enjoy wet shaving and still use an open comb Micromatic for the vast majority of shaves.
I don’t know how active I might be again, if at all. NO CRITICISM TO THE SHAVE NOOK, but in general I’ve found I have little patience for forums anymore. I always had a great time here but I suppose it’s like the couple of kids in school, other forums not necessarily specific to shaving, that decide to ruin things for everyone else. Ultimately time is the most limiting factor, I have a wonderful daughter turning 4 in June with quite a list of special needs that I happily put to the top of my priorities.
There are a few thoughts in the land of shave soap I’d like to share before slipping back to the realm of legend again, though. (Did anyone else just imagine Han Solo’s line about delusions of grandeur right there?) So, you know, keep an eye out for that if you’d like.
Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well!

1 75
 04-27-2019, 05:34 AM
User Info
Welcome back Andy.

60 9,644
 04-27-2019, 05:51 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
MrGuy. I for one don't recognize you but for whatever  reason you reintroduced yourself it was nice of you to take the time to say "Hey".

0 584
 04-27-2019, 06:02 AM
User Info
Welcome back Andy, glad you're still enjoying the ride Smile

Family first is the right priority, there is only so much time you have with children as they grow up Wink

3 6,670
 04-27-2019, 06:20 AM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
(04-27-2019, 05:34 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Welcome back Andy.

Thank you!

(04-27-2019, 05:51 AM)Garb Wrote: MrGuy. I for one don't recognize you but for whatever  reason you reintroduced yourself it was nice of you to take the time to say "Hey".

Thank you for taking the time to thank me for saying “Hey” Smile

(04-27-2019, 06:02 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Welcome back Andy, glad you're still enjoying the ride Smile

Family first is the right priority, there is only so much time you have with children as they grow up Wink

Thanks! We’ve come scary close to spending our last minutes with her a couple times. I never want to look back and wish I spent even one hour longer with her, so I decided I won’t let that happen. She’s going to love this strategy when she’s a teen, I’m sure Wink

1 75
 04-27-2019, 07:16 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Welcome back Andy! It’s great to see you here.

Family definitely comes first.

52 21,049
 04-27-2019, 08:48 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I choose a child over a forum any day of the week.  Welcome back.

186 25,776
 04-28-2019, 03:35 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Welcome back!

27 5,250
 04-29-2019, 04:50 AM
  • TSRodes
  • Raleigh, NC
User Info
Welcome back! I’m brand new here, but it looks to be a departure from the boredom and repetition present in some other message boards. Hope you’re doing well Smile

0 14