09-17-2012, 07:24 AM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
A Cadet head with a FAtip comb. Had to try it as a second shave after the NEW this morning. Seems like it provides a very close shave but i have a feeling its a little bit more agressive than the Cadet oc. Have to test them against eachother for a period to know.

One have to say that the Cadet tp-26 and the New are completly at the different sides of the scale when it comes to size. :-D

[Image: gQvnL.jpg]

0 284
 09-17-2012, 07:37 AM
User Info
Johan, good luck with the experimenting!

75 20,883
 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
That should be super aggressive Biggrin

88 4,233
 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
That should be some combination. Let us know how it turns out.

100 12,437
 09-17-2012, 09:44 AM
  • Johan
  • Sweden
User Info
Thanks for the comments. I´ll let you know later, after some more shaves.

0 284
 09-17-2012, 10:18 PM
  • Johan
  • Sweden
User Info
Had a very close smooth shave this morning without any nicks or cuts.

But i´m not sure if it really outperform Cadet oc in anyway.
I felt like i had to be more on my guard with this one.
Taking it very slow and with a feathers touch.

In comparison, the Cadet comb really seems to be a little less agressive(harsh) but still as effective. So this ends the test.

The Cadet oc is really a very well designed razor!

0 284
 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
User Info
You can go the other way and try an old type cap on the Fatip comb. It tames it out quite a bit. I'd expect the Cadet cap to do the same thing but I havent tried it. I think it is that the Fatip cap is quite narrow so less of the blade gets pressed down onto the comb, leaving a bigger gap or more exposure, depending on how you look at it.

(09-17-2012, 10:18 PM)Johan Wrote: Had a very close smooth shave this morning without any nicks or cuts.

But i´m not sure if it really outperform Cadet oc in anyway.
I felt like i had to be more on my guard with this one.
Taking it very slow and with a feathers touch.

In comparison, the Cadet comb really seems to be a little less agressive(harsh) but still as effective. So this ends the test.

The Cadet oc is really a very well designed razor!

0 12
 09-19-2012, 01:41 AM
  • Johan
  • Sweden
User Info
(09-18-2012, 09:54 AM)speas Wrote: You can go the other way and try an old type cap on the Fatip comb. It tames it out quite a bit. I'd expect the Cadet cap to do the same thing but I havent tried it. I think it is that the Fatip cap is quite narrow so less of the blade gets pressed down onto the comb, leaving a bigger gap or more exposure, depending on how you look at it.

Dont have any old type razor (yet) but the Cadet Cap looks quite like the caps on these that ive seen on the internet. So yes probably similar. I also think your spot on about the Fatip cap.

0 284