05-05-2019, 04:38 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Interesting.
How many shaves has the OP completed with this new razor to make such a strong pronouncement?
I’m also curious about the maker’s choice of mixed materials, aluminum for baseplate and 303 SS for cap and handle.

111 19,047
 05-05-2019, 05:19 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(05-05-2019, 02:39 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: The cap looks familiar...anyone know which razor cap it looks like?

To me, it looks like the cap of the Feather AS-D2.  The fins or wings on the underside appear (from the photos, not from measurement, obviously) to be shorter than the Feather’s, though, and the Feather has more pronounced sculpting of the of the downside facet of the fin.  Also, the Haircut and Shave Co. top cap lacks the four posts at the extreme corners that snuggle tightly into the four notches at the extreme corners of a standard DE blade.

1 1,364
 05-05-2019, 05:21 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(05-05-2019, 04:38 AM)Agravic Wrote: Interesting.
I’m also curious about the maker’s choice of mixed materials, aluminum for baseplate and 303 SS for cap and handle.

One might surmise that that would result in some galvanic action if the razor is left wet for extended periods.

1 1,364
 05-05-2019, 05:25 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
The razor looks like it would provide a rigid blade, but it seems like it would be handle heavy with the aluminum base plate.

3 671
 05-05-2019, 05:51 AM
User Info
(05-05-2019, 05:19 AM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 02:39 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: The cap looks familiar...anyone know which razor cap it looks like?

To me, it looks like the cap of the Feather AS-D2.  The fins or wings on the underside appear (from the photos, not from measurement, obviously) to be shorter than the Feather’s, though, and the Feather has more pronounced sculpting of the of the downside facet of the fin.  Also, the Haircut and Shave Co. top cap lacks the four posts at the extreme corners that snuggle tightly into the four notches at the extreme corners of a standard DE blade.

Do intellectual property lawyers need queueing?

62 1,470
 05-06-2019, 07:43 AM
User Info
The website says it has neutral blade exposure and weighs in at 130 grams. That seems fairly heavy for an Aluminum baseplate. Interested to see further reviews. There are a lot of new razors hitting the market. Great time to be wet shaving!

29 491
 05-17-2019, 02:05 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
After reading Rawfox1s review I went ahead an purchased the Haircut and Shave Co. razor N075. Now I do not always agree with Rawfox1's opinions but they do have merit he's knowledgeable, informative and fair without being terribly wordy as some people can get (as I'm doing here). Overall I respect what he says, I was intrigued, so I purchased the item. That doesn't mean after using the item my opinion won't differ and I'll sell it, but there are no regrets.

I've had this razor for a few weeks, when I first received it I looked it over and to me, the finish wasn't mirrored polish but it was not too bad as a few of the original photos on the Haircut and Shave site had projected, the photos did not do it justice. The top cap finish is somewhat like the original ATT razor not brushed, not polished, the bottom plate is clean. black in color not as awful and in some photos.

The feel of the razor itself is bottom/handle heavy coming in at 105 grams 15 x 90, though I like the length. I used the razor with the handle it came with and a Stork Brass Aristocrat 13 x 90 (76 grams). The blade's I use are Polsilver (On this razor I used a shim with this blade a few times) and a Feather which I never use because the blade is too harsh for me with the razors I use (I also use a shim with the Feather with this razor).

The razors I use are aggressive razors, in my rotation are 2 types of the Single Ring Ball End (I switched out the Ball End for Stork Aristocrat 13 x 90 handles). I use a Regular with a shim and a U.S. Army that has the same aggressiveness as the Regular with a shim, a CG L3 DC and the PAA Ascension SS with a shim (I really like this razor) and in reserve.a British Streamline Gem.

The N075 was a different experience to use. Let me start, the first thing I did was switch out the handle for the first 2 shaves (Stork) then I went back to the original, its the right handle for this head. The weight does help this head give a good shave and the handle grip when wet is excellent, no slide but not overly grippy, it allows your fingers to maneuver the handle with no thought of resistance.

The shave was slightly perplexing if you can follow this. The shave was mild, I don't like mild, I was not getting the razor feel that I like, but the feedback was good the efficiency was excellent, just slightly less efficient than the razors in my rotation and this was with the Polsilver and a Polsilver with a shim. When I switched to the Feather I was quite surprised that not only did  I get a smooth efficient shave but there was no irritation at all, even when I put a shim in for more blade, it stayed disgustingly smooth and efficient, no irritation.

My shaving routine is that I shave daily with a Polsilver so using a Feather on a daily basis for 7 days and having no irritation was astounding to me. I also found that I could be somewhat careless with this razor, I could not cut myself, I mean I could if I really wanted to but the wide margin of error allowed me to daydream more than usual. I will be using a Feather with this razor from this point on.

When I was watching the video where the gentleman was shaving his head without much worry, I understood. Anyone who likes a mild razor, anyone who heads shaves and wants a smooth and really efficient shave with no worries of nicks, cuts or weepers give this razor a try, you will not be disappointed. 

A lot of razors promote themselves as being smooth and efficient, this razor is really smooth and very efficient.  Thank you Rawfox1 for bringing this razor to my attention, it will not ween me off the razors in my current rotation but I will add it to them.

58 740
 05-17-2019, 04:13 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
Had my 2nd shave with the N075 tonight.  I'm not going to go in too deep regarding the shave as I just got it a couple of days ago.  But I will say I'm enjoying it so far.  I enjoy my mid-aggressive razors and this razor falls right in that group, or at least close to it.  It's not mild by any means, but just aggressive enough for me to call it mid-aggressive.  I usually judge a razor's efficiency based off of two factors.  The first being how much stubble was removed after the first pass.  And secondly, how many passes do I need to get bbs.  In both cases the N075 has excelled so far making it a highly efficient razor for me.  With one pass it mowed down the majority of my growth which surprised me.  As far as number of passes for bbs, it performs well at 3.5 which is normal for the razors that work best for me (Rex set at 4, Gamechanger .84, Mongoose SS and Rockwell plate 4).  So far I'm happy with my purchase.  Is it worth $190?  In all honesty I think the price is pushing it.  When it arrived I was surprised as it looked nicer in person as opposed to the photos on H&S, but I believe it's a step below ATT and Timeless in regards to quality.  If my wonderful shaves with it hold up as expected, then I'll have no disappointment towards my purchase.

67 769
 05-18-2019, 07:13 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
One issue to remember (I think its an important one) the cutting angle on this razor is fairly narrow because of how the blade is set at the bottom plate. So when you find the cutting angle through blade feel and feedback remember to not twist (or flick) your wrist in using long strokes towards the top cap, you'll lose the shaving angle and you'll get pissed at the razor for not doing its job.

58 740
 05-18-2019, 07:50 AM
  • Niro884
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
I'm definitely interested in trying this razor.

70 915
 06-05-2019, 03:11 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
Alright, had this razor for 3 weeks now and thought I'd revisit here to share a few thoughts.  I was initially skeptical about the price in regards to the build.  Even though it's clear that the tolerances are tight and I see now flaws whatsoever, I thought I expected more in quality, possibly a polished finish.  Well, I am sold on the quality.  It's not flashy, but more of a working class piece of equipment.  And knowing what I know now, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I happen to damage it, lose it, or a deranged ex-girlfriend steals it.  I've shaved with it for a solid three weeks and I couldn't ask for a better shave.  Smooth, good balance, feels safe and gives me superb shaves.

67 769
 06-05-2019, 06:27 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(06-05-2019, 03:11 PM)ddk13 Wrote: Alright, had this razor for 3 weeks now and thought I'd revisit here to share a few thoughts.  I was initially skeptical about the price in regards to the build.  Even though it's clear that the tolerances are tight and I see now flaws whatsoever, I thought I expected more in quality, possibly a polished finish.  Well, I am sold on the quality.  It's not flashy, but more of a working class piece of equipment.  And knowing what I know now, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I happen to damage it, lose it, or a deranged ex-girlfriend steals it.  I've shaved with it for a solid three weeks and I couldn't ask for a better shave.  Smooth, good balance, feels safe and gives me superb shaves.

This is high praise!

14 3,480
 06-16-2019, 07:21 AM
User Info
(05-04-2019, 05:13 PM)rawfox1 Wrote: Who needs another razor,,, probably nobody.  But when something special comes out I need to share this with the shaving community and all my brothers and sisters. This Haircut and Shave Co. razor is something very special. The shave is so smooth and very efficient that it goes into my top 3 razors and I have shaved with practically everything. For the $190 price this razor is definitely definitely worth it and if you want something special to add to your collection this should definitely be the one to add.. I'm not promoting or trying to sell anything I am just sharing my honest feedback with all of you if you really want to treat yourselves to something wonderful. You can use this as an everyday shaver as well as something for many days growth. Just buy one see for yourself and enjoy . shaves to the Max[Image: 3c64d1f5e144e193efc1ebe4303d54f2.jpg][Image: ee3f17b483720e4b146fd9f01278f22f.jpg][Image: f59f897570776055b0aae334ea46c129.jpg][Image: 7666583d9f11f7998aa452797c476349.jpg][Image: d1315951c4e37b6020ef65ef17f9a5d0.jpg][Image: ac2c5170c986c1ed01c4cfdf6a0df77b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I agree.  Got mine not long ago after you posted this.  This is the holy grail vis a vis DE safety razors.  Its efficiency is mind-bending, as every part of the blade is smooth and cuts efficiently.  No need for a third pass for BBS after a three-day growth.  This is must-experience to understand.  I would love to know more of the story regarding this project.

7 49