05-06-2019, 01:41 AM
User Info
I've previously used a few different SV aftershave lotions, mostly well over a year ago and at the time they were one of my favourites due to their extremely moisturizing nature. Some people I know found them too "sticky" but that was one of the things I enjoyed as once it settled down my face just felt so soft and smooth all day long. 

Fast forward to now and I've repurchased a bottle of "Stella Alpina" used it two days running with the same result, it seems thinner than the old lotions and more alcoholic... Unfortunately I find it has very little in the way of moisturizing properties, my face actually feels drier after application than before! Also, the fragrance seems to be much stronger than it used to be, I remember it being a good medium level aftershave strength previously but this bottle is Potent with a capital P, I can still clearly smell it 8 hours after application.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar? In which case I guess it's been reformulated or perhaps I have a "special" one.

0 148
 05-06-2019, 06:49 AM
User Info
Following....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 1,262
 05-06-2019, 07:00 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
I haven't noticed this with the other SV aftershaves. The scent lingers and the properties of the shave stay with me for hours.

0 585
 05-06-2019, 03:14 PM
User Info
I’ve tried most of the newer aftershaves and regularly use 70th and felce aromatica - and agree with Garb: scent lingers but isn’t overpowering, certainly moisturizes.

36 1,917
 05-06-2019, 03:35 PM
User Info
I have several with varying packaging from the smaller aluminum SV bottles, to the glass 70th Anniversary, to the black Cosmo, to the recent Colonia collaboration with Bullgose. I haven’t noticed any difference aside from the expected variations in formula due to the scent. I haven’t noticed any drying with Stella Alpina. Did you make sure to shake it? I don’t know if that would have any effect, but worth trying?

13 642
 05-06-2019, 10:56 PM
User Info
I am down to the last bits of my 70th anniversary after shave in the glass bottle and there is a thick lump that has coagulated
at the bottom....it just won't dissolve....irritating

3 335
 05-07-2019, 08:30 AM
User Info
I'm a big fan of SV shaving and bath soaps.  I have found each of the five SV shaving soaps I own to be excellent performers in every regard and recommend them highly.

However my experience with SV aftershaves - 70th Anniversary, Dolomiti and Cosmo - has been disappointing.  They don't absorb well - which may be due to my skin chemistry - and don't leave a good ultimate post-shave smoothness.  I won't be replacing them; in fact I probably won't use them up completely.

0 34
 05-07-2019, 09:00 AM
User Info
Interesting comments, thanks gents.

AFAIK they have always been love it or loathe it type products so no surprise to see both opinions here. The vendor I purchased the aftershave from agreed to exchange it and I can confirm the replacement is exactly the same so it's not a "one off" and if nobody else has noticed a reformulation then perhaps the change has been with me? I did go vegetarian last year and subsequently noticed a large difference in my complexion which used to be quite oily but is now clear/average/normal I would say... Perhaps a product that used to work great for me no longer suits my "new" skin, the only other possibility I can think of is I may have become intolerant to the parfum content.

0 148