05-13-2019, 03:33 AM
User Info
This was happy accident.  While doing a search for natural shaving soaps, I stumbled on the Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve Company.  Here's the thing, they're only an 8 minute drive from my office! Who knew?  Solon, Ohio!Smile

Anyhow, I picked up a puck of their Rugged Spice Shaving Soap and a jar of their Woodland Breeze after shave balm.  All natural and made from organic ingredients.

The soap is very nice.Smile  A great spice scent.  It quickly lathers (I use a synthetic brush) but you don't really get the big fluffy, puffy, Santa beard kind of lather.  There is a texture and thickness to it at first.  It dissipates a bit.  Still, a nice lather that feels great on the skin.Smile  It has a wonderful slickness that allows for beautiful razor glide.  

The after shave balm has more of an appearance of salve.  But it's a bit hard in the small jar it comes in. You only need a little dollop which you can scrape out easily enough.  You apply it by rubbing (and warming) it in your hands, then massaging it into your face and skin.  The first time I used it, it felt like it was really giving back some needed moisture.  Anyhow, I got a really nice shave.

Again, they are located in Solon, Ohio.  I don't work for them, I just happened to purchase a couple of their products and like them a lot.  If you need a natural shaving soop, give them a look.  Am I allowed to give their link?  A Google search should bring them right up.

1 51
 05-13-2019, 07:55 AM
User Info
(05-13-2019, 03:33 AM)georgetoon Wrote: This was happy accident.  While doing a search for natural shaving soaps, I stumbled on the Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve Company.  Here's the thing, they're only an 8 minute drive from my office! Who knew?  Solon, Ohio!Smile

Anyhow, I picked up a puck of their Rugged Spice Shaving Soap and a jar of their Woodland Breeze after shave balm.  All natural and made from organic ingredients.

The soap is very nice.Smile  A great spice scent.  It quickly lathers (I use a synthetic brush) but you don't really get the big fluffy, puffy, Santa beard kind of lather.  There is a texture and thickness to it at first.  It dissipates a bit.  Still, a nice lather that feels great on the skin.Smile  It has a wonderful slickness that allows for beautiful razor glide.  

The after shave balm has more of an appearance of salve.  But it's a bit hard in the small jar it comes in. You only need a little dollop which you can scrape out easily enough.  You apply it by rubbing (and warming) it in your hands, then massaging it into your face and skin.  The first time I used it, it felt like it was really giving back some needed moisture.  Anyhow, I got a really nice shave.

Again, they are located in Solon, Ohio.  I don't work for them, I just happened to purchase a couple of their products and like them a lot.  If you need a natural shaving soop, give them a look.  Am I allowed to give their link?  A Google search should bring them right up.

No sir.  We generally do not allow links to websites not affiliated with us.

57 9,003
 05-13-2019, 09:32 AM
User Info
Thanks.Smile  Well, I'm glad I didn't include one then.Smile  Was everything else about the post okay?

1 51
 05-13-2019, 10:58 AM
User Info
(05-13-2019, 09:32 AM)georgetoon Wrote: Thanks.Smile  Well, I'm glad I didn't include one then.Smile  Was everything else about the post okay?

Yes.  Thanks for a nice review.

57 9,003
 05-13-2019, 04:38 PM
User Info
Last I checked, their bath stuff was in local Northeast Ohio Whole Foods stores.  Not sure if that's still true.

0 1,194
 05-18-2019, 11:57 AM
User Info
For those interested, here's the ingredient list for the soap from their website:

Organic Coconut OilOrganic Avocado OilOrganic Cocoa ButterOrganic Castor Bean OilOrganic Palm Oil (Sustainable)Organic Virgin Shea Butter,WaterSodium HydroxideOrganic Canola OilOrganic Coconut Milk,Bentonite ClayOrganic Soapnuts (Aritha)Clove Bud Essential OilLemon Essential OilCassia Essential OilEucalyptus Essential OilRosemary Essential OilOrganic CornstarchOrganic Rosemary Oil Extract (ROE)

And the aftershave balm/salve:

Organic Virgin Coconut OilOrganic Jojoba OilOrganic Rosehip OilOrganic Virgin Shea ButterOrganic Beeswax  (plus some oils/fragrances for the scented versions)

8 158
 05-18-2019, 02:43 PM
User Info
I haven't tried the Chagrin shaving soap.  I do have some of their unscented bath soap, which is 96% olive oil and 4% sunflower oil.  

[Image: fMfg2Xo.jpg]

57 9,003
 2 hours ago
User Info
Thanks again, gentlemen, for allowing me to share this.Smile  I'm just beginning a search for natural soaps and other natural shaving products and this was my first find.Smile 

As to whether or not they're in Whole Foods, I'm not sure.  I'll have to look next time I'm there.

1 51