05-17-2019, 02:00 PM
User Info
Gents,

I lucked out and was able to purchase these today!  

The first is just a 10 pack of the Wilkinson Light Brigade blades.

The second lot was 60 NOS vintage Wilkinson...two things to note here...take a look at the first picture of the 10 Light Brigades...now look at the top two packs on the left!!!  Yes...the second lot has 20 Light Brigades in it!!!  Also, does anyone have any experience with the vintage Wilkinson blades that have the German on the blade packaging?  I assume they were made in England for the German markets?

The third lot was three of these packs of 5 Super swords.

It isn’t buying 60 Light Brigades for 85 shipped like a few weeks ago, but these complete my stash...and that’s worth it!  NO MORE SEARCHING or buying required!  The collection now should see me through the finish line!

Vr

Matt

[Image: EOe858S.jpg][Image: Ys246WD.jpg][Image: r27EpJ2.jpg]

22 1,238
 05-19-2019, 02:02 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Great buy! I only use vintage blades and the Light Brigades are one of my two top favorites,  the other  being Personna 74s. Through diligence and persistence I've been able to get all my blades at costs significantly below the current market asking price except for Light Brigades.  Even more so than the P 74s Light Brigades are way, way harder to find and when I do people don't move from their initial pricing. It is by far the least populated blade model in my stash. I have enough  P 74s to last the rest of my life using only them but Light Brigades,  I love using them but only very rarely.

8 2,618
 05-19-2019, 06:05 AM
User Info
I am new to vintage blades, but have now used the Personna 74 Medical Preps and the Wilkinson Light Brigades.

These are the nicest blades I have shaved with, and in my opinion they are more smooth than any modern blade that I have used, and sharper than most.

To compare them to each other I would have to give the smoothness nod to the Personna 74...but they are close. In regards to sharpness I would say that the Light Brigade is sharper by a more significant margin, and sharper than any modern blade I have used...even sharper than the Feather and Polsilver blades.

They are both quite remarkable!

Vr

Matt

22 1,238