09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
For a number of years I have been using toothpaste such as Aqua Fresh which contains the sweetener sorbitol. I have read and always believed this sweetener to be bad for you. Since I don't have the greatest stomach in the world digesting foods this has probably not helped brushing my teeth and ingesting this stuff day after day and year after year. I have been trying to stay away from foods that contain chemicals and never even thought about tooth paste. So today I switch to a tooth paste that doesn't contain sorbitol and I will see what happens.

For those of you that can eat and drink what ever you like without ever having a digestive problem I hate youBiggrin

100 12,444
 09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
User Info
Good luck, Jerry. If you want to just try aluminum-free baking soda with peppermint oil in it to add some flavour, this works very well; a bit salty and it can take a few days to get used to, but works very well. i guarantee if you use this for two or three weeks, you will not be able to go back to regular or natural toothpaste as you will find them too sweet. Just a suggestion.
Enjoy the new toothpaste.

75 20,883
 09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
User Info
Paradontax. I don't know if Paradontax is available in the US, but it doesn't contain any "sweeteners". It tastes kind of salty but after some days you get used to it.

0 112
 09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
User Info
(09-18-2012, 08:14 PM)celestino Wrote: Good luck, Jerry. If you want to just try aluminum-free baking soda with peppermint oil in it to add some flavour, this works very well; a bit salty and it can take a few days to get used to, but works very well. i guarantee if you use this for two or three weeks, you will not be able to go back to regular or natural toothpaste as you will find them too sweet. Just a suggestion.
Enjoy the new toothpaste.

Celestino, do you have a recipe for mixing this up? How do you store it and from where do you buy?

47 1,270