Poll: Best alternative to Gillette Fusion Proglide
 06-02-2019, 02:36 AM
User Info
hello i am looking for the best alternative to Gillette Fusion Proglide
My goal: shaving close like Gillette (or even a little less close) and also the razor will be smooth on the skin as gillette, and of course the most important thing - lower cost in general, and also Low cost long term.
I have to say: I have thick+dense bristles and sensitive skin.

These are the alternatives I have been thinking about:
Dorco Pace 6 Plus
Dorco Pace 4
Schick Hydro 5 Sense Sensitive
Schick Hydro 3
Schick Quattro Titanium
Personna Caliber 5

Other suggestions are welcome, except: the dollar shave club or something else (I live in Europe), and also any razor from Gillette company.
Many Thanks for your help , and have a fantastic day Smile

0 85
 06-02-2019, 06:45 AM
User Info
Try the personna easyfit fusion 5 replacement heads. They are cheaper than the native fusion, and shave pretty well save for the lubricating strip at the top (which can be flipped out of the way) and the lack of a sideburn trimmer. I use these when I travel and can get 5-7 good shaves before binning.

[Image: 51-zTVQ1I3L.jpg]

*But seriously, if I wanted a better, cheaper shave - I’d go with a DE/SE

36 1,902
 06-04-2019, 01:00 AM
User Info
I personally recommend if ones going for the cartage razor is Gillette Sensor3 Disposable otherwise any from Gillette would be a good option as Gillette really take the path for the cartage razor as Braun for Foil Shaver

0 18
 06-04-2019, 01:55 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(06-04-2019, 01:00 AM)Lee Russell Wrote: Braun for Foil Shaver

That's what I'd be using if I didn't want to use a DE or SE anymore. I had two when I was in my twenties and thirties, and I still have one stored in a closet just in case it is needed.

15 899
 06-04-2019, 04:37 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
On the very rare occasion I use a cart my choice is the simple and humble Trac II.

15 3,701
 06-04-2019, 05:42 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Suppose this is a good question just in case we ever need a shave without a razor in our duffle.

0 579
 06-05-2019, 07:02 PM
User Info
Bic Flex 5 Hybrid is my preferred alternative! 

The Bic is the closest cutting razor that my sensitive skin can take (as long as I have the right pre-shave regiment). 
Alternatively, you can try the Bic Flex 4 Hybrid, as it gets as close but without the sensitivity..... it just doesn't feel nearly as good as the Flex 5 Hybrid. 
Also, the Bic Flex 5 Hybrid razor sharpness doesn't last as long as the Gillette Fusion, but the price is right and good quality.

PS: I would go with the Dorco Pace 6 Plus if this razor doesn't float your boat. The Bic and Dorco are the closest you will get to the Gillette Fusion ProGlide without breaking the bank.

Sincerely,
DooDude

0 9