06-05-2019, 06:52 PM
User Info
So I have tried a total of 62 cartridge razors after getting in to DE shaving three years ago. I still DE shave once per month, but only when I have time to do it right (I have young kids and little time). My daily drivers are cartridge razors and the occasional electric razor during lazy weekends.

These are my cartridge choices in order:

1) Gillette Fusion ProGlide
My 2 Cents: Closeness is 6.5 out of 10. Best Overall Razor. 
I prefer the modified handle with stand: Link Here

2) Bic Flex 5 Hybrid
My 2 Cents: Closeness is 9 out of 10. This is the closest cutting razor that my sensitive skin can take (as long as I have the right prep). If you don't have good prep like a good face wash, pre shave oil, or a great shaving cream, then just skip to number three!  Alternatively, you can try the Bic Flex 4 Hybrid, as it gets as close but without the sensitivity..... it just doesn't feel nearly as good as the Flex 5 Hybrid. Also, the Bic Flex 5 Hybrid razor sharpness doesn't last as long as the others on this list, but the price is competitive if you take everything into account (these are the cheapest on this list).
My review here: Link Here

3) Dorco Pace 6 Plus 
My 2 Cents: Closeness is 8 out of 10. Probably the closest to Gillette Fusion if Bic Flex is to close. Overall a fabulous razor. Razor lasts almost as long as the Gillette.

4) Dorco Pace 7

My 2 Cents: Closeness is 9.5 out of 10. Be careful not to get nicked around the side of the mouth or under nose. This gets the side of my face well, but gives me razor-burn on my neck if I put any pressure on the handle. While this is a great razor, it's just not as well rounded as the other three on this list, and the razor can easily get clogged if you have anything thicker than Cremo. Heck, even Cremo gets clogged sometimes.

Cartridges I've Tried: Barbasol Ultra 6 Plus, BIC Flex3 Hybrid, BIC Flex5 Hybrid, BIC Hybrid 3 Comfort, BIC Hybrid4 Flex, Bull Dog Original Bamboo Razor, Defender, Dollar Shave Club, Dorco Pace 3, Dorco Pace 4, Dorco Pace 5 Pro, Dorco Pace 6, Dorco Pace 6 Plus, Dorco Pace 7, Dorco Pace Comfort Thin II, Dorco Pace Power, Every Man Jack Manual Razor, Gillette Atra Plus, Gillette Fusion 5 , Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide, Gillette Fusion 5 Proshield, Gillette Labs - Heated Razor, Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, Gillette Sensor, Gillette Sensor Excel, Gillette Trac II, Gillette Trac II Aftermarket - All Metal Trac 2, Harry's Truman / Winston, Jack Black 5-Blade Razor,, Micro Touch Tough Blade, Personna Auto, Plus/S2/Twin Pivot Plus, Personna Bump Fighter, Personna Caliber 3, Personna Caliber 5, Personna Caliber 5 With Motion Sphere, Personna EasyFit 3, Personna M5 Magnum/X5, Personna Matrix 3, Personna Tri-Flexxx, Personna Triple Pivot Plus, Schick Hydro 5 Blade Cartridge Razor, Schick Hydro 5 Sense (Sensitive, Engergize, Hydrate), Schick Hydro 3 Razor, Schick Hydro 5 Razor, Schick Quattro Titanium Razor, Swipe 3-blade, Swipe 4-blade, Swipe 6-blade, OneBlade -The Core/Genesis, Leaf Shave, Solimo 5-Blade MotionSphere Razor, Solimo 3-Blade MotionSphere Razor, Marram Co Modern Razor, Grüum Oska - Precision 6, Grüum Oska - Max 5, Grüum Oska - Comfort 3, Shave It - Value, Shave It - Grand, Shave It - Pro, Feather F3, Feather MR3 Neo, Feather FII Neo.

Cartridge Notes: I did not eliminate duplicate razor cartridges since i believe handles make a difference. A good bit of razor cartridges on this list are Rebranded Dorco or Personna cartridges. I also did not include cartridges that I can't purchase in the US.

Honorable Mentions: Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, Schick Quattro Titanium, and KOS 5-Blade Razor (UK only at the moment). 

Best Shave Ever: Gillette Fusion Proglide (2 passes) with a Gillette Sensor Excel for side of mouth and under nose (1 pass). 
Products I used for best shave ever are: shaving prep with Lucky Tiger Face Wash, shave is with OneBlade Black Tie Lavender Shaving Cream, and post shave with Harry's Post Shave Balm. People always ask me if I took a warm or hot shower before hand, and the answer is no. I just woke up and put a hot towel on my face for only a minute before I started with the Lucky Tiger Face Wash.

PS: Now I am focusing on Pre, Shave, and Post Shave products. I'll post again next year when I have conclusive results on that.

I hope this helps someone reading, I have learned so much about DE shaving on this forum and would like to contribute something. This has been a three year (cartridge) journey that I would like to share with everyone here.

PLEASE REPLY with any cartridge razor that I missed or any shave product I must try! 

Thanks,
DooDude

0 9
 06-05-2019, 08:52 PM
User Info
Nice review. Quite a list of razors you’ve tried. How come your best performing doesn’t deliver on the close shave side of things? Are you after an irritatin free shave even if it equates to a not so close shave?

9 1,533
 06-05-2019, 09:27 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
Very thorough review.  You've got dedication!
I think that if you factor cost into your ratings then Gillette will drop down quite a long way from the top.
I'm also surprised that Dorco was in your top slots and Feather didn't make it into your top slots.  I had the opposite experience.  Dorco was nearly the worst (better than supermax, but still bad).  Feather FII is my travel companion when I have to travel light.  I shave with DE 99% of the time.

48 2,136
 06-05-2019, 09:34 PM
User Info
Nice review.

I dumped and sold all my 50+ DE razors 2-3 years ago after using DE and SE razors since 2011.

I simply found, that overall a Gillette Fusion (prefer the orange original version) gives me a better and closer hassle free shave. Especially when I combine it with Gillette Mach 3.
First pass Fusion, second pass Mach 3.
Great shave.

I don’t use original plastic handles, but handles from Plisson, Mühle, Edwin Jagger, Pils and other brands.

I finger strop my carts several times during the shave to give me the best possible shave using one of my several 100’s great shaving soaps.

I’ll never go back to either DE or SE razors again.

25 6,652
 06-06-2019, 01:11 AM
User Info
I had no idea that many carts existed.
ymmv
I still love DE
In a pinch the disposables work great for me but I prefer Trac II

62 1,560
 06-06-2019, 04:06 AM
User Info
The number of cartridges you've tried is amazing and impressive.   When I travel with carry on luggage, I take a Harry's cartridge razor.   I get excellent performance from Harry's.

60 9,641
 06-06-2019, 04:14 AM
User Info
Mach 3 for me.  Used it for decades until 4 years ago when I found double edge razors.  Still use it for travel when I carry on bags.  Anything with more than 3 blades is overkill.  And 3 is even stretching it.

2 362
 06-06-2019, 09:37 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(06-05-2019, 09:34 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Nice review.

I dumped and sold all my 50+ DE razors 2-3 years ago after using DE and SE razors since 2011.

I simply found, that overall a Gillette Fusion (prefer the orange original version) gives me a better and closer hassle free shave. Especially when I combine it with Gillette Mach 3.
Great shave.

I don’t use original plastic handles, but handles from Plisson, Mühle, Edwin Jagger, Pils and other brands.

I finger strop my carts several times during the shave to give me the best possible shave using one of my several 100’s great shaving soaps.

I agree with our Viking Shaver.  I also prefer the older, non-pulsating orange Gillette Fusion cartridge and older Mach 3's.  I also agree that a handle can make a difference and I also use Muhle and Plisson handles. I strop my carts on an old pair of denim jeans.

178 1,668
 06-06-2019, 11:47 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(06-05-2019, 06:52 PM)doodude Wrote: So I have tried a total of 62 cartridge razors after getting in to DE shaving three years ago.

Given the cost of cartridges, your financial investment is very impressive.

I am completely unimpressed with your testing protocol and even more dubious about your capability, given your short-schrift haphazard testing, to make any meaningful evaluation.

First, if it was only three years ago that you got into DE shaving, how much of a trial did you give to leaning how to shave with a DE razor?  In three years, there are only 156 weeks, and how many weeks were left over — after you had mastered DE shaving — to try a new cartridge razor every week (every day?).  Or did you ever master DE shaving while you were flitting about trying a new cartridge razor every week?  

Second, once you commenced your profligacy with cartridge razors, what was the average number of shaves that you would undertake with any given individual razor?  Did you even get around to changing the cartridge in any cartridge razor you tried?  

Third, as every participant on this forum will attest, no man's beard is exactly the same from day to day.  For any number of reasons, every man over the age of about 14 has “good beard” days and “bad beard” days.  Some days your body is tired; some days your skin is tired; some days you may be suffering a hangover or a bad head cold; some days the ambient air wherever you are shaving is hot and humid, while other days it may be chilly enough literally to make your hair stand on end.  If you cut yourself one day, the next day’s shave may be worse, as you navigate over already-damaged skin.  Did you have any systematic way whatsoever to compare a “good beard” day shave with Cartridge Razor #M2 against the “bad beard” day performance of Cartridge Razor #D17 eighteen months earlier?  OF COURSE, you made no variation whatsoever in your pre-shave preparation over the three years, so you can distinguish to right-of the decimal-point precision how much your fleeting dalliance with Cartridge Razor #M2 was better or worse than your fleeting dalliance with Cartridge Razor #D17 a year-and-a-half earlier?  

Yeah, right.

1 1,385
 06-06-2019, 06:38 PM
User Info
(06-05-2019, 08:52 PM)lloydrm Wrote: Nice review. Quite a list of razors you’ve tried. How come your best performing doesn’t deliver on the close shave side of things? Are you after an irritatin free shave even if it equates to a not so close shave?

That is correct. I prefer no nicks at all, hence the best performing is not the closest shave. Really depends on the day. Sometimes I want it super close and I'll use the Bic, other days the Gillette.

0 9
 06-06-2019, 06:54 PM
User Info
(06-05-2019, 09:27 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: Very thorough review.  You've got dedication!
I think that if you factor cost into your ratings then Gillette will drop down quite a long way from the top.
I'm also surprised that Dorco was in your top slots and Feather didn't make it into your top slots.  I had the opposite experience.  Dorco was nearly the worst (better than supermax, but still bad).  Feather FII is my travel companion when I have to travel light.  I shave with DE 99% of the time.

You are completely correct! If I factor in cost, Gillette wouldn't even be on this list. Obviously the money wasn't a factor in this at all! LOL
I truly was just searching for the best razor (for me). If you notice I did try the FII Neo. I am partial to Feather razors (DE ones), so I was hoping it would be great. It just didn't quite edge the Sensor Excel. If I narrow the focus to just two blade cartridges, the Feather ranks second on my list! The reason it didn't make my original list was because I was factoring in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 blade cartridge razors.

1) Gillette Sensor Excel

2) Feather FII Neo
3) Gillette Atra Plus
4) Personna Auto Plus/S2/Twin Pivot Plus
5) Dorco Pace Comfort Thin II

0 9
 06-06-2019, 07:01 PM
User Info

Great shave.

I am right there with you. I want to love DE razors, I really do. However, I need time that I just don't have right now to get a great shave. Admittedly my technique for DE is probably lacking, however, time is a major factor right now. I just get a great shave with the Gillette Fusion consistently. 

Also, thanks for the advice "First pass Fusion, second pass Mach 3". I'll give that a shot.

PS: Whats shave soap are you using with your cartridges? Someone suggested Dr. Harris shave soap. Should I try it?

0 9
 06-06-2019, 07:10 PM
User Info
(06-06-2019, 12:40 AM)ironman65 Wrote: 1. dorco pace6/DSC (essentially the same): BBS in 2 passes, simply exceptional
2. Hydro 5 sense (a very) close second

3.Sorry my toxic masculinity prohibits me buying anything Gillette Smile

Haha, my original reason for trying everything was to displace Gillette in the first place. I find it ironic that I spend a crap load of money, so that I can displace my Gillette (since it was so expensive). My original thought was, I'll try everything and then just picked the best for me. Never thought I would be going right back to Gillette. So I spent a ton of money just to find out I'll probably keep spending a ton of money. My toxic masculinity demands that I laugh, otherwise I'll cry (secretly) with these result! LOL

0 9
 06-06-2019, 07:15 PM
User Info
(06-06-2019, 04:06 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: The number of cartridges you've tried is amazing and impressive.   When I travel with carry on luggage, I take a Harry's cartridge razor.   I get excellent performance from Harry's.

Harry's just didn't do that well for me. They are in the upper 50% of all that I've tried, just didn't make the top of my list. However, I really like Harry's post shave balm! Haven't tried their cream or gel's yet. Do you use their other products?

0 9
 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM
User Info
(06-06-2019, 09:37 AM)Steelman Wrote:

Great shave.

I agree with our Viking Shaver.  I also prefer the older, non-pulsating orange Gillette Fusion cartridge and older Mach 3's.  I also agree that a handle can make a difference and I also use Muhle and Plisson handles. I strop my carts on an old pair of denim jeans.

I'll have to try Muhle and Plisson handles. Are there any particular ones that work best?  I have not tried stropping my carts on an old pair of denim jeans, but I read another post that it works well.

0 9
 06-06-2019, 09:02 PM
User Info
(06-06-2019, 11:47 AM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 06:52 PM)doodude Wrote: So I have tried a total of 62 cartridge razors after getting in to DE shaving three years ago.

Given the cost of cartridges, your financial investment is very impressive.

I am completely unimpressed with your testing protocol and even more dubious about your capability, given your short-schrift haphazard testing, to make any meaningful evaluation.

First, if it was only three years ago that you got into DE shaving, how much of a trial did you give to leaning how to shave with a DE razor?  In three years, there are only 156 weeks, and how many weeks were left over — after you had mastered DE shaving — to try a new cartridge razor every week (every day?).  Or did you ever master DE shaving while you were flitting about trying a new cartridge razor every week?  

Second, once you commenced your profligacy with cartridge razors, what was the average number of shaves that you would undertake with any given individual razor?  Did you even get around to changing the cartridge in any cartridge razor you tried?  

Third, as every participant on this forum will attest, no man's beard is exactly the same from day to day.  For any number of reasons, every man over the age of about 14 has “good beard” days and “bad beard” days.  Some days your body is tired; some days your skin is tired; some days you may be suffering a hangover or a bad head cold; some days the ambient air wherever you are shaving is hot and humid, while other days it may be chilly enough literally to make your hair stand on end.  If you cut yourself one day, the next day’s shave may be worse, as you navigate over already-damaged skin.  Did you have any systematic way whatsoever to compare a “good beard” day shave with Cartridge Razor #M2 against the “bad beard” day performance of Cartridge Razor #D17 eighteen months earlier?  OF COURSE, you made no variation whatsoever in your pre-shave preparation over the three years, so you can distinguish to right-of the decimal-point precision how much your fleeting dalliance with Cartridge Razor #M2 was better or worse than your fleeting dalliance with Cartridge Razor #D17 a year-and-a-half earlier?  

Yeah, right.

Mel, hopefully my answer suffice. Please remember that I was just posting this as information. I am not a scientist, engineer, and have no official ISO methodologies for anything tested here. I am just an average Joe (if Joe buys that many cartridge razors?) that really likes shaving and cares about results. My methods made sense for me, and I'll try to break them down here in case anyone else was wondering.

My opening statement: I can see how you would interpret my opening statement that reads, "So I have tried a total of 62 cartridge razors after getting in to DE shaving three years ago." 

More precise opening statement: If we are getting technical, it should read ..... I started trying cartridges razors for a few years in 2015 - 2017 then tried DE shaving for about 6 to 7 months in 2018 (only tried three different DE razors during this time), then went back to cartridges later in 2018 because of the time constraints (job, kids, etc). Finished my results last month and now keeping four cartridge razors I really liked. Now I'm focused on products, because I have seen the biggest difference in my products after selecting the razor!

Timeline (Estimated)
Mostly electric shaving before 2015. Shaved a few times with Cartridges as well. I still like my Braun! 

2015 - Started trying a few cartridge razors. Mostly still Gillette Sensor, Mach 3, and Fusion 5 at this time.

2016 - Had it with Gillette pricing, wanted to find something different and more cost efficient. Started shaving three times per week and kept the razor until it was tugging (usually replaced every 2 to 3 weeks). If it tugged before that, I would replace the cartridge with a new one until week 3. Most of my shaves were Mon, Wed, Fri. If my face was still sensitive or I was having dry skin, I would skip a day. Sunday I would use my Braun Electric Razor before Church.

2017 -  After trying every cartridge in my local store, I ramped up and started buying new cartridges online. This is when I found the Dorco, Feather, etc. (I also got a nice raise at my job to feed this addiction, guess it was because of the fine shaving! LOL) 

2018 (first half) - Took a break from cartridges after finding my Father's/Grand Father's old military razor (Gillette). It ripped my face up, but this started my DE shaving. I researched this and bought three recommended razors. I like them all. 
1) Rex Ambassador 
2) Merkur MK-34C  
3) Feather AS-D2
The only problem with these razors is if I don't prep... I mean shower, fash wash, pre-shave oil, and then a great shave cream.. my face looks like bloody hell. (Sensitive Skin!) Until I got a half way decent technique, I was getting razor burn pretty bad (only shaving twice a week for the first month).

2018 (second half) - Started back on Cartridge razors after trying the OneBlade with the feather SE razor. After being in DE shaving, the OneBlade was to mild and didn't get as close as I liked. Also wanted to finish my cartridge razor comparison.

2019 until today - Started my current regiment of only shaving two or three times per week with cartridge (during the work week), and either a pampered DE shave with my Rex Ambassador on a Saturday or an occasional electric shave (before church) on the weekend.

Recap - My reason for sharing this was so that some could get a laugh at my stupidity, some could ponder the irony, some could relate, some could try something new, and others just solidify what they already know. More than anything, I was hoping to hear from others on this forum, since I have already found great advice here over the years (as a troll). 

For the record, I do not recommend what I did, it was just something fun for several years while doing the daily grind. During a hard days work it was easy for me to think about the next razor I tried would be the most BBS. I also know that not everyone has the same conclusions that I do and that ok! If I ever decide to do another three/four year study (probably not anytime soon), I'll reach out to everyone here and get my methods solidified before I start. For now you'll just have to forgive my naivety and parse through my broken results.

Other comments unanswered in my reply: 
Quote 1: "Or did you ever master DE shaving while you were flitting about trying a new cartridge razor every week?" 
Answer 1: I took roughly 6 and a half months of dedicated DE shaving to give it a go. Even today I still haven't mastered DE shaving. Now when I do, I try different razor blades in my Rex or Merkur. I have found that Feather, Derby, and Astra blade's treat me the best, but I have only tested one sample pack and have not gone beyond that pack of 10 different brands.

Quote 2: Did you have any systematic way whatsoever to compare a “good beard” day shave with Cartridge Razor #M2 against the “bad beard” day performance of Cartridge Razor #D17 eighteen months earlier?
Answer 2: Yes! I got very nerdy with this. I had an excel spreadsheet and came up with and a rating system to compare each razor consistently over the course of the 2-3 weeks I tested each razor. Not to go to far in my proprietary algorithm, but I did have a moderately consistent rating for each cartridge with measurable results to compare. The one thing that I did leave out of my measurements is the time of year, but I still measured humidity and indoor and outdoor temperature. One time I did get a sun burn so I's sure that measurement was also a little skewed.

0 9
 06-09-2019, 05:49 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
If you want to eventually switch to DEs, you need to use them when you get a chance. Once you get used to them, you will be able to shave with them just as fast as you can with a cartridge razor. I think I might actually be a little faster with DEs because I don’t have to rinse as often. Fortunately, it sounds like cartridge razors work for you, so you don’t have to switch, but if that is your ultimate goal, you will get better and faster with practice.

3 702
 06-10-2019, 03:12 PM
User Info
(06-06-2019, 01:11 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: I had no idea that many carts existed.
ymmv
I still love DE
In a pinch the disposables work great for me but I prefer Trac II

There aren't that many, as the OP stated he didn't remove duplicates if the handle differed. Thus,  the Jack Black is a Magnum M5, the Every Man Jack a Dorco etc.

0 313
 06-26-2019, 01:55 AM
User Info
(06-05-2019, 06:52 PM)doodude Wrote: So I have tried a total of 62 cartridge razors after getting in to DE shaving three years ago. I still DE shave once per month, but only when I have time to do it right (I have young kids and little time). My daily drivers are cartridge razors and the occasional electric razor during lazy weekends.

2) Bic Flex 5 Hybrid
My 2 Cents: Closeness is 9 out of 10. This is the closest cutting razor that my sensitive skin can take (as long as I have the right prep). If you don't have good prep like a good face wash, pre shave oil, or a great shaving cream, then just skip to number three!  Alternatively, you can try the Bic Flex 4 Hybrid, as it gets as close but without the sensitivity..... it just doesn't feel nearly as good as the Flex 5 Hybrid. Also, the Bic Flex 5 Hybrid razor sharpness doesn't last as long as the others on this list, but the price is competitive if you take everything into account (these are the cheapest on this list).

3) Dorco Pace 6 Plus 
My 2 Cents: Closeness is 8 out of 10. Probably the closest to Gillette Fusion if Bic Flex is to close. Overall a fabulous razor. Razor lasts almost as long as the Gillette.

4) Dorco Pace 7

My 2 Cents: Closeness is 9.5 out of 10. Be careful not to get nicked around the side of the mouth or under nose. This gets the side of my face well, but gives me razor-burn on my neck if I put any pressure on the handle. While this is a great razor, it's just not as well rounded as the other three on this list, and the razor can easily get clogged if you have anything thicker than Cremo. Heck, even Cremo gets clogged sometimes.

Cartridges I've Tried: Barbasol Ultra 6 Plus, BIC Flex3 Hybrid, BIC Flex5 Hybrid, BIC Hybrid 3 Comfort, BIC Hybrid4 Flex, Bull Dog Original Bamboo Razor, Defender, Dollar Shave Club, Dorco Pace 3, Dorco Pace 4, Dorco Pace 5 Pro, Dorco Pace 6, Dorco Pace 6 Plus, Dorco Pace 7, Dorco Pace Comfort Thin II, Dorco Pace Power, Every Man Jack Manual Razor, Gillette Atra Plus, Gillette Fusion 5 , Gillette Fusion 5 Proglide, Gillette Fusion 5 Proshield, Gillette Labs - Heated Razor, Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, Gillette Sensor, Gillette Sensor Excel, Gillette Trac II, Gillette Trac II Aftermarket - All Metal Trac 2, Harry's Truman / Winston, Jack Black 5-Blade Razor,, Micro Touch Tough Blade, Personna Auto, Plus/S2/Twin Pivot Plus, Personna Bump Fighter, Personna Caliber 3, Personna Caliber 5, Personna Caliber 5 With Motion Sphere, Personna EasyFit 3, Personna M5 Magnum/X5, Personna Matrix 3, Personna Tri-Flexxx, Personna Triple Pivot Plus, Schick Hydro 5 Blade Cartridge Razor, Schick Hydro 5 Sense (Sensitive, Engergize, Hydrate), Schick Hydro 3 Razor, Schick Hydro 5 Razor, Schick Quattro Titanium Razor, Swipe 3-blade, Swipe 4-blade, Swipe 6-blade, OneBlade -The Core/Genesis, Leaf Shave, Solimo 5-Blade MotionSphere Razor, Solimo 3-Blade MotionSphere Razor, Marram Co Modern Razor, Grüum Oska - Precision 6, Grüum Oska - Max 5, Grüum Oska - Comfort 3, Shave It - Value, Shave It - Grand, Shave It - Pro, Feather F3, Feather MR3 Neo, Feather FII Neo.

Cartridge Notes: I did not eliminate duplicate razor cartridges since i believe handles make a difference. A good bit of razor cartridges on this list are Rebranded Dorco or Personna cartridges. I also did not include cartridges that I can't purchase in the US.

Honorable Mentions: Gillette Mach 3 Turbo, Schick Quattro Titanium, and KOS 5-Blade Razor (UK only at the moment). 

Best Shave Ever: Gillette Fusion Proglide (2 passes) with a Gillette Sensor Excel for side of mouth and under nose (1 pass). 
Products I used for best shave ever are: shaving prep with Lucky Tiger Face Wash, shave is with OneBlade Black Tie Lavender Shaving Cream, and post shave with Harry's Post Shave Balm. People always ask me if I took a warm or hot shower before hand, and the answer is no. I just woke up and put a hot towel on my face for only a minute before I started with the Lucky Tiger Face Wash.

PS: Now I am focusing on Pre, Shave, and Post Shave products. I'll post again next year when I have conclusive results on that.

I hope this helps someone reading, I have learned so much about DE shaving on this forum and would like to contribute something. This has been a three year (cartridge) journey that I would like to share with everyone here.

PLEASE REPLY with any cartridge razor that I missed or any shave product I must try! 

Thanks,
DooDude

How the Regular Gillette Fusion(Orange) compared to the Gillette Fusion Proglide? And with which razor you get a closer shave (between the two)?
Many thanks have a nice day Smile

0 85
 06-26-2019, 05:21 AM
User Info
(06-26-2019, 01:55 AM)idan Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 06:52 PM)doodude Wrote: So I have tried a total of 62 cartridge razors after getting in to DE shaving three years ago. I still DE shave once per month, but only when I have time to do it right (I have young kids and little time). My daily drivers are cartridge razors and the occasional electric razor during lazy weekends.

2) Bic Flex 5 Hybrid

3) Dorco Pace 6 Plus 

4) Dorco Pace 7

Thanks,
DooDude

How the Regular Gillette Fusion(Orange) compared to the Gillette Fusion Proglide? And with which razor you get a closer shave (between the two)?
Many thanks have a nice day Smile

Try them for yourself.
It’s impossible to predict how you will like them.

I prefer the original orange Fusion over all the newer versions. It’s not quite as sharp to start out with, but it retains its sharpness quite well for 12-15 sometimes even 20 shaves, when stropped frequently and overall is the more comfortable of the Fusion blades in my personal view.

25 6,652