06-11-2019, 09:24 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
(06-11-2019, 12:41 PM)Halvor Wrote: I’d be curious to see someone compare Grooming Dept’s and Sebum’s serums for performance, as both are oils but the price vastly different. (Scent is another matter, but I also think Mo has deliberately aimed for simplicity in this department when it comes to the serum.) So, anyone tried both and can chime in?

I do have both.  I have the Grooming Dept Lavender serum and the Sebum Purple (lavender/mint) and they are both amazing products.
To be perfectly honest, Sebum is better but by a slim margin.  Sebum has a lighter feel on the skin and I think the scent is better.  The packaging on the Sebum is WAY above Grooming Dept but that adds to the overall cost.  For my own use, I plan on keeping the GD lavender on the shelf until my Sebum runs out.  
Would I re-purchase Sebum when GD is a close 90% behind at nearly half the cost?  I'm not sure.  That's a tough call.  Sebum is the best serum though.
One thing that I do NOT like about the Sebum purple is how the purple dye from the wax seal on the lid leaches out onto everything it touches.  Just a minor quibble.

48 2,120
 06-12-2019, 09:44 AM
User Info
(06-11-2019, 01:26 PM)DanLaw Wrote: Funny you should suggest a comparison - as I have back to back side by side with Gold and GD Unscented over the course of 3 weeks - should I do a write up??

Please do, and also let us know about the Purple, Blue and Green serums.

28 184