06-08-2019, 01:49 AM
User Info
In your opinion: Which aftershave Balm/Gel is best and does the job best to prevent razor bumps and ingrown hairs ?

Many Thanks
Have a nice day Smile

0 85
 06-08-2019, 01:51 AM
User Info
I too was facing ingrown hair problem due to ATG shaving and all. Have bought a face brush "wizker" which does the job. Google it. Been using it for 10 days, seems to be doing the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 1,249
 06-08-2019, 05:24 AM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
For me, it's the Aveda Pure-Formance dual action aftershave for men.

0 322
 06-08-2019, 10:22 AM
User Info
I don't know that any aftershave product can prevent ingrown hairs.  The solution is proper prep of the beard prior to shaving, and avoiding XTG and ATG passes in the affected area.  Make sure you know which direction your beard grows in the affected area, and only do a light WTG pass there.

59 9,318
 06-08-2019, 10:25 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Bump Repair Gel Clubman Pinaud

39 1,603
 06-08-2019, 11:43 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
For me the best shave irritation eraser, bug bite nullifier and all around good stuff for whatever ails your fleshy face is Dr. Bronner's Peppermint toothpaste.

A tiny bit from the opening of the tube spread into the offended skin will immediately begin the healing process. Redness and irritation disappear.

If the paste dries on your skin, no worries, a quick lick of the index finger supplies enough moisture to wet the paste and jump-start the healing process. the second lick is yummy, freshens your breath and removes the whitish patch of dried paste. If an overnight treatment is required then the dried paste washes off easily in the morning to display remarkably smooth irritation free skin.

Now that you're not sure if this is a joke or not (spoiler alert: its not a joke) 

Dr Bronner's soaps are organic fair trade products. I don't work for them but I do swear by them.

0 314
 06-08-2019, 05:56 PM
User Info
(06-08-2019, 10:22 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I don't know that any aftershave product can prevent ingrown hairs.  The solution is proper prep of the beard prior to shaving, and avoiding XTG and ATG passes in the affected area.  Make sure you know which direction your beard grows in the affected area, and only do a light WTG pass there.

This. Seriously. Great prep is the answer.

35 1,860
 06-08-2019, 09:46 PM
User Info
I use an after shave potion called Sisleyum.

It is stupid expensive but the results are very good.

3 315
 06-09-2019, 04:00 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Ingrown hairs another matter but use grooming dept serum followed by abc balm every shave. Best results and have been on 7 yr quest to get at best solution having incredibly sensitive skin

4 442
 06-09-2019, 04:28 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
(06-08-2019, 10:22 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I don't know that any aftershave product can prevent ingrown hairs.  The solution is proper prep of the beard prior to shaving, and avoiding XTG and ATG passes in the affected area.  Make sure you know which direction your beard grows in the affected area, and only do a light WTG pass there.

I've almost always had good luck doing good prep and shaving WTG and using a very light touch of Alum afterwards

0 562
 06-09-2019, 06:04 PM
User Info
TendSkin to help calm the redness and swelling. Downside is it’s mostly alcohol, but the main active ingredient is acetylsalicylic acid. There are home grown recipes if you search. I’ve not personally tried making my own, so I can’t speak on the efficacy.

12 609