06-12-2019, 01:20 PM
User Info
First impressions of Rocnel Elite 2019 razors. There is some discussion of these razors in the Vendors section but I think that mainly pertains to before these razors were available. I thought any discussion of the razors should move here as the razors are now available. As I'm a newbie here, if I'm wrong, please move this to the appropriate place.

Anyone that has this razor, please add your impressions here as well or comments, questions, etc.

As I wrote, this is my first impression.  Razors are made from 319L SS, handle is 87mm long, 13.5mm diam, the head is 42mm x 25mm, and weigh 128 grams.

There are 2 versions: (1) Aggressive with a .52mm blade gap (2) Med Aggressive with a .35mm blade gap.  I received one of each razor on Monday.

I'm a straight razor shaver for the past 5 years and a DE shaver infrequently over the past 2 months so my comparisons may be a little biased. YMMV.

Anyway, I shaved with the Aggressive Rocnel on Monday afternoon.  Used Baum.BE shave cream, Simpson Chubby 2 brush, warm lather in my GP20, and a Polsilver SI blade. Went 2 passes on my face WTG and XTG and 2 passes on my neck WTG and ATG.  It gave me a very good to excellent shave.  The first thing I noticed was the squeegee effect of the solid bar on my cheek. There was no irritation at all. After finishing and rinsing my face, I ran the alum block across my face and there were no spots that stung at all. The results were not quite BBS but if I did a 3rd pass ATG on my face, maybe that would have done the trick.

I shaved today (Weds) with the Rocnel Med Aggressive.  Used Baum.BE shave cream, Jayaruh #327 brush, warm lather, and a polsilver SI blade. 2 passes WTG and XTG on my face and WTG and ATG on my neck. I thought it gave me as good a shave as the aggressive.  Did get the squeegee effect on my cheek as well. Did get a little irritation on my neck when I ran the alum block over my face but no irritation anywhere else.

Next shave with either razor will be with a feather blade and maybe a different shave soap/cream that's a little more lubricating.

I really like both of these razors, they are definitely keepers.

Ken.

[Image: im4FELH.jpg][Image: QhEP04s.jpg][Image: MlpMMxy.jpg]

0 7
 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM
User Info
I can't use it.  It clearly says "For Professional Users" and I'm not a barber.  Biggrin

1 503
 06-13-2019, 06:38 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(06-12-2019, 02:23 PM)bkatbamna Wrote: I can't use it.  It clearly says "For Professional Users" and I'm not a barber.  Biggrin

I love that piece of engraving. I wonder what message he was trying to send...

10 638
 06-13-2019, 07:48 PM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Maybe Phil can clarify that message? I thought professionals were paid? Can I apply for benefits? Or forbid me, do I need a tax form to shave?

0 493
 06-14-2019, 05:51 AM
User Info
In some cultures professional also means expert.

So just substitute that.

3 280
 06-14-2019, 05:56 AM
  • Garb
  • Oregon
User Info
Thanks for clarification on that one. Now I don't have to report usage to my accountant LOL and it is a perfectly balanced shaver as well.

0 493