06-15-2019, 08:06 AM
User Info
Hi all wanting to try/ get one of the AC type(feather clone) shavette razors but only ones I have seen are to expensive anyone know where I could get one for inexpensive? I don't want to spend a lot in case I don't like it.... Thanks. Also the ones I have found so far don't take Paypal or don't ship to USA

0 19
 06-15-2019, 09:08 AM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
Could you elaborate on 'too expensive'?  And also on folding or kamisori style? 

I've seen new Feather AC SS folding models with the typical black scales for about half what they used to be.  If you don't like it, you won't have trouble passing it along on the BST. 

If you mean the 'original' AC type (with a 'more aggressive' holder, and generally heavier weight) that popular auction site has new Korean made CJB AC Kamisori style razors for between 20-30 bucks..
review here: http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=16407

For a bit more than double that, you could land a new KAI captain in folding or kamisori.

CJB apparently makes a folding style as well, but I couldn't find one of those.

15 174
 06-16-2019, 02:52 AM
User Info
(06-15-2019, 09:08 AM)norton Wrote: Could you elaborate on 'too expensive'?  And also on folding or kamisori style? 

I've seen new Feather AC SS folding models with the typical black scales for about half what they used to be.  If you don't like it, you won't have trouble passing it along on the BST. 

If you mean the 'original' AC type (with a 'more aggressive' holder, and generally heavier weight) that popular auction site has new Korean made CJB AC Kamisori style razors for between 20-30 bucks..

For a bit more than double that, you could land a new KAI captain in folding or kamisori.

I guess somewhere around 20 or so and would prefer a folding if possible.

0 19
 06-16-2019, 07:11 AM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
(06-16-2019, 02:52 AM)jaro101969 Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 09:08 AM)norton Wrote: Could you elaborate on 'too expensive'?  And also on folding or kamisori style? 

I guess somewhere around 20 or so and would prefer a folding if possible.

Well.  I'm not the definitive source on these things, but you've created a paradox.  

You are worried that you won't like it and so don't want to spend more, but many would say spending more increases your chances of liking it because it will probably be a better made product. 

Your stated price is in all likelihood too low.  Just a pack of AC style blades goes for between about 13 and 20.   

While quality doesn't have to cost a lot of money, there are price points where it's just not worth the trouble to a manufacturer.  

Good luck.  The CJB is probably the best representation you will find of what you are asking for.

15 174