06-21-2019, 10:17 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
For you Slant lovers ...Parker just released a SLANT for only $30.00 ...you can see it at Super Safety razors or on the Parker web site...looks cool and comes in 3 handle colors...

6 2,138
 06-21-2019, 01:45 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
I have owned exactly zero Parker razors. 

This looks like it might be interesting enough to change that - a semi-slant - not as aggressive as a slant, but still torqued. 
Not that slants are aggressive per se - just 'efficient'.  Smile

I do wonder about this though:

"Material: Solid Brass frame with textured electroplated graphite/satin chrome finish for improved grip"

That 'solid brass' almost certainly does not extend to the head.  Not at 30 dollars...

15 170
 06-21-2019, 04:43 PM
User Info
(06-21-2019, 01:45 PM)norton Wrote: I have owned exactly zero Parker razors. 

This looks like it might be interesting enough to change that - a semi-slant - not as aggressive as a slant, but still torqued. 
Not that slants are aggressive per se - just 'efficient'.  Smile

I do wonder about this though:

"Material: Solid Brass frame with textured electroplated graphite/satin chrome finish for improved grip"

That 'solid brass' almost certainly does not extend to the head.  Not at 30 dollars...

Good point.  At that price, only the handle, the least expensive part of the razor to produce, may be brass.

58 9,200
 06-21-2019, 05:56 PM
  • norton
  • The Alien Nation
User Info
It would make sense to make the head of zamac to hit an attractive price point (and minimize losses if it isn't successful) - and some well regarded razors do use zamac heads - Rockwell 6c, EJ, Merkur, Muhle etc... but the 'solid brass frame' wording seems created to leave some things open for interpretation.

I know what a 'frame' is on the late 1800 early 1900 Gem/ER/Kampfe razors.  But what's a 'frame' on a three piece razor?  One would be inclined to think that means everything that isn't the blade. 

Still, a non-plastic/non-bakelite slant at 30 bucks is certainly an interesting development.

15 170