07-11-2019, 03:36 PM
User Info
(07-09-2019, 06:54 PM)Korbz Wrote: Cologne is a poor flanker for the original, which has gone to the dog house with the last 3 years batches. I'd be going for PVI or Emperor Extrait, or CDNIM if you want a better value offer (first 2 have better longevity and silliage by all reports, CDNIM is around the same as the 18D02 batch I have). Personally I prefer VIW for a Summer frag from Creed.

Some day I'm going to have to learn acronyms.  I've afraid PVI, CDNIM, 18D02, or VIW don't mean anything to me.

1 571
 07-11-2019, 05:37 PM
User Info
(07-11-2019, 03:36 PM)David Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 06:54 PM)Korbz Wrote: Cologne is a poor flanker for the original, which has gone to the dog house with the last 3 years batches. I'd be going for PVI or Emperor Extrait, or CDNIM if you want a better value offer (first 2 have better longevity and silliage by all reports, CDNIM is around the same as the 18D02 batch I have). Personally I prefer VIW for a Summer frag from Creed.

Some day I'm going to have to learn acronyms.  I've afraid PVI, CDNIM, 18D02, or VIW don't mean anything to me.

Sorry, Parfums Vintage make high quality clones of several niche brand fragrances, and a couple of those are Pineapple Vintage Intense (modeled after a fruitier batch of Aventus), and Emperor Extrait (old pre-2016 batch where it has more birch tar). Armaf is another clone house, and they produce a frag called Club De Nuit Intense Man, which is a sub$50 clone of Aventus. Lots of hate in the frag community for clones of Aventus, but for the money to buy Aventus, their quality has been sub-par for the last couple of years imho so have left a gap in the market. VIW is Virgin Island Water, a Creed fragrance that I love for Summer with a citrus/coconut vibe. Seems to last a while with the sweeter , but very light base of the tonka/vanilla keeping the smell around for a while (think armani code absolu dialed down to a barely noticeable level, which is just tonka/vanilla to my nose and very linear the whole day).

0 49
 07-12-2019, 04:10 AM
User Info
Thanks for that Korbz.  I'm starting to get it.  

Actually, I figured out VIW (Virgin Island Water) a couple minutes ago, just as I was applying some.  I have a sample, and I absolutely love it in this hot Toronto weather.  It lasts at least until noon, and maybe a bit longer if I use 4 sprays.

1 571
 07-12-2019, 12:23 PM
User Info
VIW is awesome summer juice. Much prefer it to AC, personally.

0 651
 07-12-2019, 02:46 PM
User Info
The reason behind the name is, that most fragrance enthusiasts in Europe never call a fragrance a cologne, unless it's really an eau de cologne.

An eau de cologne is a milder version of an eau de toilette, which again is a milder version of an eau de parfum.

Aventus Cologne is a lighter less smoky version of the original Aventus, hence a cologne version of Aventus.

I honestly think my sample smells like Versace Pur Homme meats Chanel pour Homme Sport meats Aventus.

But I agree, that if Creed want to sell to average Joe in the US, the name will be very confusing.

But I don't think, that Creed expect to sell $400 fragrances to guys, that call a fragrance a cologne anyway  Tongue

25 6,644