06-25-2019, 07:18 AM
User Info
Hi gentleman's,

I wanted to leave you my first impression of the Razorock Game Changer JAWS that went out last week. I was one of the very few lucky one to receive one from the very first batch that went out. Razorock have made two different version of the Game Changer Open Comb in the 0.84mm gap. One that look like a "regular" open comb base plate in term of how many teeth the base plate have and the space between each teeth (selling at 64.99$) and another, called JAWS, that have less teeth and more space between each one of them (selling for 54.99). I decided to go with the JAWS that have less teeth and is said to be more aggressive then the "regular" one. I also choose that one because it is less common then the one when can buy everywhere else.

I also need to mention that I was one of the lucky one to have a .68 from the very first batch and also bought the .84 one as soon as it went out. (I'll compare the .84 straight bar and the JAWS later.)

Here it is...

[Image: IauzLpF.jpg]

[Image: HLCDFrq.jpg]

I received it 5 days ago (June 20th) and I had to put it to the test right away. I had two days of growth. I have switch the handle right away for another one as I have tried this one with the Mamba 70 and found out that I don't like handles that are 100mm long (don't write to me, that handle as already been sold and the other one that came with the Mamba 70 have been requested by my girlfriend). So here is my first SOTD with it.

[Image: eG7CX5n.jpg]

I usually use feather and Kai blade pretty much 99% of the time. But I still had two Polsilver blade left that I had received from a previous order, so I decided to take one for the first try. From the first strip, I felt that it was a bit more aggressive then the straight bar 0.84. But that was for the first strip only, as soon as I had finished my sideburns I went to the checks and the jaws line and then I felt the level of aggression it have. I took a couple more stroke and then at a little bit more then half of the first pass, I slowly was able to put it in semi-cruise control. I mean, I haven't need to be as concentrated as when I use my R41, but I couldn't go full cruise control mode. I was still concentrating to the feel of the shave. You can easily feel more blade then the .84 straight bar one. For the first use, I didn't want to push t too much. So, I did my usual 3 pass shave but without much buffing.

It was a quite good BBS shave. A really great one with just some tiny spot remaining (my beard grow in a bunch of different direction.)

Then I pass 3 days without shaving to test it again.

Here is my second SOTD!

[Image: gIKAbfK.jpg]

Shaving with the JAWS after 3 days of growth was an absolute pleasure. An incredible BBS after 3 pass and some touch-up as my beard is a lot of challenge to shave as I have whiskers growing in a lot of different directions. On the second try, I can testified that the JAWS is quite more aggressive then the standard 0.84, if not a lot more aggressive. (I have read that the "regular" open comb is just a bit more aggressive then the straight bar one). But still, being more aggressive then the standard one, I haven't nick myself once and I could buff on the same spot without having irritation afterward while being careful of what I am doing.

That being said, when you shave with it, you can feel that you have to use a light touch. Don't use too much pressure or I think that you will pay the price.

I had two beautiful shaves with it so far and it seem that the JAWS is able to cut so much whiskers effortlessly that I have decided to really put it to the test. I will not shave for two full week and try the JAWS again with a fresh Feather of Kai and see what my impressions are.

I will give you my impression afterward, shaving with the JAWS with two full week of whiskers.

The head in itself is beautifully machined and I think, like a lot of Razorock products, that it is hard to beat for the price. If not impossible.

If you are confident with your shaving skills, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on the next batch that is supposed to come out in 3 or 4 weeks.

Here is a fews more pics... And if you have any questions, don't hesitate, I'll try my best to answer them!

[Image: MgBiwSC.jpg]

[Image: pAKpnua.jpg]

[Image: LIdM3xm.jpg]

0 140
 06-25-2019, 11:43 AM
User Info
Well done review! I am glad that you like the razor!

Vr

Matt

29 1,358
 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
User Info
Excellent review. Razorock always has high quality razors.

147 14,191
 06-25-2019, 05:09 PM
User Info
Well done my friend. Well done.....

1 264
 06-25-2019, 05:14 PM
User Info
Great review and pics, I got the regular OC and had the Jaws in my cart but it sold out by the time I got to PayPal. I hope to pick one up in their next release after reading your review. Congrats on a fine razor.

29 500
 06-27-2019, 04:29 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(06-25-2019, 05:14 PM)Shavemd Wrote: Great review and pics, I got the regular OC and had the Jaws in my cart but it sold out by the time I got to PayPal. I hope to pick one up in their next release after reading your review. Congrats on a fine razor.

Do we know when he plans to release more Jaws?

11 645
 06-27-2019, 05:00 PM
User Info
(06-27-2019, 04:29 PM)pbrmhl Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 05:14 PM)Shavemd Wrote: Great review and pics, I got the regular OC and had the Jaws in my cart but it sold out by the time I got to PayPal. I hope to pick one up in their next release after reading your review. Congrats on a fine razor.

Do we know when he plans to release more Jaws?

Should be in about 2 weeks

29 500
 06-29-2019, 02:23 PM
User Info
Will this be sold as just a baseplate that will fit the top cap of the GC .84?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 1,322
 06-29-2019, 05:21 PM
User Info
(06-29-2019, 02:23 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Will this be sold as just a baseplate that will fit the top cap of the GC .84?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will be sold as a base plate only in the future, but I don't know if this will be the case for their next release in 2-3 weeks.

I don't know if I misinterpret one of their comment on instagram, but I think that they will eventually make other Game Changer open comb then the .84 gap. Will it be their first .68 or bigger gap then the .84? I have heard that they were working on a bigger then the .84 for quite some time now.

0 140
 07-07-2019, 04:15 AM
User Info
I believe the Lupo razor is next, and will be released in a few days.

29 500
 07-08-2019, 11:12 AM
User Info
(07-07-2019, 04:15 AM)Shavemd Wrote: I believe the Lupo razor is next, and will be released in a few days.

Lupo razor?

1 65
 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
User Info
What is the handle you’re using in the pics?

1 65
 07-14-2019, 10:18 AM
User Info
Man that thing looks crazy. JAWS is the perfect name. Thanks for writing the review. Very helpful

0 8
 07-14-2019, 02:43 PM
User Info
Hi gentleman,

I know it took me a bit of time to post this update but I haven't had that much time since the last week-end to post the pictures and to write some text.

First of all I need to mention that I just cannot recall when was the last time I have not shaved for two full weeks. It must have been years since it last happened. It was kind of hard to not shave for those two weeks so I can really put the JAWS to the test for you guys.

So, here was my SOTD for the last Sunday (7 days ago).

[Image: AtF2r7j.jpg]

What was making these two weeks a lot harder is that I was lathering my Paladin Samurai pretty much everyday to speed up the brake in process a bit. I had to admire to crazy lather I was making without using it. I must say that the difference between the last time I used it prior to those two weeks and after was almost night and day.

For the shave itself, I have load a fresh Kai blade (damn I love those blade). I have to admit that the JAWS was cutting trough the whiskers a lot more easier then I thought it would. As I had a bit more then half of my first pass done, I realized that I still haven't rinse the razor one single time. So I decided to finished my first pass without rinsing the JAWS. It was just for the last square inch of my neck on the second side that I had to put a TINY bit more pressure to remove the remaining whiskers.

Having use the .84 SB for quite a while, I have not feel any danger whatsoever while shaving with the JAWS. Can it bit you if you're not careful with it, I guess it might. But I also figure that with those giant teeth in hand, it will kind of naturally come to mind that you must be somewhat a little careful.

The 2nd and 3rd passes was almost buttery smooth. No complaints at all and no irritation. You can for sure feel more of the blade, but it is still a feel that is on the safe and smooth side of things.

I must says that I am quite impress if not a LOT impress by the JAWS. Awesome razor, great machining and good looking (YMMV of course), and above all an outstanding price to go with it.

I just can recommended it to anyone that was thinking to give it a try but was a bit scared by those giant teeth. Give it a shot, you'll be surprised! And if you happen to not like it, it will sell easily on the BST.

I have spoke to a friend about it and he decided to not shave for 3 weeks so he can come at home and test it.

I might post is personal review here if he want me to do it!

Have a nice day gents,

P.S. : For those that was wondering what is that handle, it is a Stork Razor handle in Titanium, and this model is the EX4 that is currently unavailable!

0 140
 07-14-2019, 07:21 PM
User Info
(07-14-2019, 02:43 PM)ImJustMe Wrote: Hi gentleman,

I know it took me a bit of time to post this update but I haven't had that much time since the last week-end to post the pictures and to write some text.

First of all I need to mention that I just cannot recall when was the last time I have not shaved for two full weeks. It must have been years since it last happened. It was kind of hard to not shave for those two weeks so I can really put the JAWS to the test for you guys.

So, here was my SOTD for the last Sunday (7 days ago).

[Image: AtF2r7j.jpg]

What was making these two weeks a lot harder is that I was lathering my Paladin Samurai pretty much everyday to speed up the braking process a bit. I had to admire to crazy lather I was making without using it. I must say that the difference between the last time I used it prior to those two weeks and after was almost night and day.

For the shave itself, I have load a fresh Kai blade (damn I love those blade). I have to admit that the JAWS was cutting trough the whiskers a lot more easier then I thought it would. As I had a bit more then half of my first pass done, I realized that I still haven't rinse the razor one single time. So I decided to finished my first pass without rinsing the JAWS. It was just for the last square inch of my neck on the second side that I had to put a TINY bit more pressure to remove the remaining whiskers.

Having use the .84 SB for quite a while, I have not feel any danger whatsoever while shaving with the JAWS. Can it bit you if you're not careful with it, I guess it might. But I also figure that with those giant teeth in hand, it will kind of naturally come to mind that you must be somewhat a little careful.

The 2nd and 3rd passes was almost buttery smooth. No complaints at all and no irritation. You can for sure feel more of the blade, but it is still a feel that is on the safe and smooth side of things.

I must says that I am quite impress if not a LOT impress by the JAWS. Awesome razor, great machining and good looking (YMMV of course), and above all an outstanding price to go with it.

I just can recommended it to anyone that was thinking to give it a try but was a bit scared by those giant teeth. Give it a shot, you'll be surprised! And if you happen to not like it, it will sell easily on the BST.

I have spoke to a friend about it and he decided to not shave for 3 weeks so he can come at home and test it.

I might post is personal review here if he want me to do it!

Have a nice day gents,

P.S. : For those that was wondering what is that handle, it is a Stork Razor handle in Titanium, and this model is the EX4 that is currently unavailable!
Does the razor feel smooth on the face or do you feel the teeth.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

29 896
 07-14-2019, 10:23 PM
User Info
It totally feel smooth on the face. I have not notice the feel of the teeth on my face, not even one time!

I just use a light touch. I will try to be careful at that the next time I use it. But if I have not noticed it at all, it must be because it was smooth and not disturbing!

0 140
 07-15-2019, 11:14 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
Looks they're back in stock right now!

68 770
 07-15-2019, 03:53 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(07-15-2019, 11:14 AM)ddk13 Wrote: Looks they're back in stock right now!

I just ordered one. Looking forward to it!

11 645
 07-15-2019, 04:28 PM
User Info
I snatched one up

1 65
 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM
User Info
Got one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 1,322