• Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
 07-04-2019, 09:58 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Happy July 4th -no hot dogs or apple pie for me today but, there will be baseball!

52 20,803
 07-04-2019, 10:10 AM
User Info
Happy Independence Day to you and everyone else Johnny!

32 6,570
 07-04-2019, 10:12 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
Have fun and stay safe, 

Remember:

gunpowder (in any form) + alcohol (in any form) = a risky situation

0 286
 07-04-2019, 12:36 PM
User Info
I had in mind to shoot a new, 2 day old, ----- today that I paid for and waited 28 months to get in hand. I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to celebrate Independence Day and our freedom from tyranny. But the alcohol does NOT come out until the ---- are put away. 100% correct RyznRio, alcohol and gunpowder DO NOT mix.

Many years ago, over 3 decades ago, I attended the 2nd Chance match in Central Lake, MI. Richard Davis would supply the beer (and the excellent BBQ) but there was a rule that everyone adhered to... When the beer goes into your glass you were done shooting for the day and the guns got put away before that. I never heard of anyone who broke the rule. It's just a common sense rule really and one I've heard since childhood over 1/2 a century ago. A bit more off subject, if you ever want to see a bunch of folks getting along better than most any other folks in a crowd attend a match anywhere. Over the decades I have never so much as heard a voice raised against another. Though I have heard some choice words and inflection used against ones self in frustration, not often though.

FWIW, I called off my plan, it's just too hot to do much of anything outside. Of course the (hypocritical) talking heads on TV this morning were mentioning what a lovely day it was going to be, and how they were going to turn on the A/C and stay indoors. I'm staying indoors to enjoy this most lovely of days as well, but I don't lie about it and try to put lipstick on a pig. I much prefer winter temps over this level of heat and humidity (without snow of course!). Biggrin

32 6,570
 07-04-2019, 02:10 PM
User Info
Happy 4th!

Vr

Matt

29 1,363