07-08-2019, 01:11 PM
User Info
Their company is releasing a lighter version of the apollo that shaves 30-45 grams off the weight. This is due to using single sided baseplates now, which in turn can also shorten the top cap thread.

Having purchased the original a little while ago I reached out with some questions, got a quick answer and thought I'd pass them along to the community.

They are not sure if the baseplates will be sold separately for original users. Depends how much effort towards production they will need to apply to the full sets due to demand. They may offer them to original owners depends on orders it seems like. Also, top cap won't work from the original apollo due to longer threads, dual sided plate, and the handmade aspect of matching up the top cap to baseplate.

Hope this helps anyone interested!

6 82
 07-08-2019, 09:02 PM
User Info
Interesting. I have the original and it is one of my favorite razors. This new version looks interesting but I'm surprised that the first version is no longer in production.

13 1,920
 07-09-2019, 02:33 AM
User Info
(07-08-2019, 09:02 PM)number six Wrote: Interesting. I have the original and it is one of my favorite razors. This new version looks interesting but I'm surprised that the first version is no longer in production.
They didn't mention the original won't still be produced, but that a light version will be offered. Not sure it would make sense to support both models, with them being the same with a separated baseplate.

The handle and stand will be identical to the original.

6 82
 07-09-2019, 02:49 AM
User Info
I like the balance the way it is now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 1,920
 07-09-2019, 03:29 AM
User Info
Good to hear, haven't gotten mine yet but original is in transit.

6 82
 07-09-2019, 05:08 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
According to their website the original Helix was a limited run and now it seems to have ended. The light will be their next razor to be available

60 759