07-12-2019, 05:14 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
The Weber PH is my GoTo daily razor. I like it well enough that I have a backup.

As most know, they're no longer produced. HOWEVER - I have found the .84 GameChanger shaves me almost identically.
As you can see, I've put a titanium handle on each. That suits me better than the stainless handles.

So, for those of you who don't have, but might like a Weber, try a .84 GameChanger. They're reasonably priced and pretty easy to acquire.

NOTE: I have no ties to Italian Barber or anybody else. This is my opinion only.

[Image: 9wfHPVc.jpg]

[Image: w8geiLa.jpg]

[Image: CUogXXQ.jpg]

65 1,898
 07-14-2019, 02:16 AM
User Info
I didn't know the Webers were that hard to find?
I have one that I barely use, might consider to send it to someone who is hunting for it.

On the gamechanger, I am tempted to try one!
Is there a more aggressive, or .78 version of it?

0 713
 07-14-2019, 03:21 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(07-14-2019, 02:16 AM)wimbouman Wrote: I didn't know the Webers were that hard to find?
I have one that I barely use, might consider to send it to someone who is hunting for it.

Game Changer comes in .68 and .84. The .84 is the more aggressive of the two.

15 879
 07-14-2019, 04:28 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(07-14-2019, 02:16 AM)wimbouman Wrote: I didn't know the Webers were that hard to find?

The Webers have been getting harder to find since they went out of production. I think they’re even more rare now that they don’t make the handles anymore. I’m not sure if that’s just a coincidence since the handles shouldn’t have anything to do with it, it’s just my observation.

There are two different versions of the game changer, .68 and .84. The .84 comes in SB and OC. I think the.68 only comes in SB, but I could be wrong.

3 687
 07-14-2019, 05:35 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
The Game Changer is a revelation. I have both versions. The .68 sits atop a long iKon LE handle. The extra length and weight bring out the head’s full capabilities. I use this razor when I’m in a rush, or at night when I shave before work. This razor is truly one which is impossible to nick yourself with. Even if you try to draw blood, you won’t. Two passes plus touch ups and I’m good to go. The .84 is more efficient. For me, one pass wtg yields a near DFS. A thorough second pass, and BBS is the result. Compared to its milder sibling, it has the same basic characteristics of “smooth,” but there is definitely more blade feel. The GC .84 is mated to a Weber Wave handle. This handle is one of my all-time favorites for heft, balance and overall “feel.” It’s ideal for the GC .84.

A note of thanks, and a shout-out to my friend Matt (Nero). We’d been talking back channel about the GC. I was looking for the .84 plate-only option. It had been out of stock for a long time. He otoh, was looking for a particular handle. Both items were available as a complete razor. So, Matt bought the in stock GC with the handle he wanted, and shipped the head over to me. Win-Win. Thanks, Pal! Biggrin

[Image: yKqgf7E.jpg]

15 3,653
 07-14-2019, 07:05 AM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
(07-14-2019, 05:35 AM)chazt Wrote: ... So, Matt bought the in stock GC with the handle he wanted, and shipped the head over to me. Win-Win. Thanks, Pal! Biggrin

Isn't it great when an event just clicks!

65 1,898
 07-14-2019, 09:26 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(07-14-2019, 07:05 AM)MaxP Wrote: Isn't it great when an event just clicks!

Oh yeah. It’s a thing of beauty!

15 3,653