07-20-2019, 05:43 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
I have a E2 and been just using the blades in the yellow pack. Are these the best that’s out or is some of vintage ones off the internet better?

5 586
 07-20-2019, 07:03 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
The best current production injector blades are, by a long shot,  the Schick Pro-Line B Blades.

53 21,563
 07-21-2019, 12:34 AM
User Info
The variety of non vintage injector blades is smallest of all razor types.

You have the b20s that Phil references as well as the Schick yellow pack you already have.

Then there are the blue pack Japanese schick(most expensive of all) and last the personna blades.

With such a small selection, I would recommend just buying a pack of each.

The vintage blades are much harder to get at prices comparable to blades still available.    Many enthusiasts like the vintage, but there is a variety of vintage blades to chase and I can't speak as to which specific ones are most popular. 

The E2 is known to one of the more aggressive injectors.  If it is too much for you, try a later model from I to O( the L is relatively easy to find) as these are more forgiving and still give you a great shave(and the option to use the Schick twin blades which are another league compared to the normal blades).

46 433
 07-21-2019, 08:42 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(07-21-2019, 12:34 AM)hillbillyreverend Wrote: The variety of non vintage injector blades is smallest of all razor types.

You have the b20s that Phil references as well as the Schick yellow pack you already have.

Then there are the blue pack Japanese schick(most expensive of all) and last the personna blades.

With such a small selection, I would recommend just buying a pack of each.

The vintage blades are much harder to get at prices comparable to blades still available.    Many enthusiasts like the vintage, but there is a variety of vintage blades to chase and I can't speak as to which specific ones are most popular. 

The E2 is known to one of the more aggressive injectors.  If it is too much for you, try a later model from I to O( the L is relatively easy to find) as these are more forgiving and still give you a great shave(and the option to use the Schick twin blades which are another league compared to the normal blades).

I did not realize that these were still in production. Are they hard to source?

53 21,563
 07-22-2019, 02:20 AM
User Info
(07-21-2019, 08:42 PM)bullgoose Wrote: I did not realize that these were still in production. Are they hard to source?

i see them on ebay all the time.  instead of having a number 2 in the upper right corner which identifies the twin model, it only has the number 1.

46 433
 07-22-2019, 07:11 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(07-22-2019, 02:20 AM)hillbillyreverend Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 08:42 PM)bullgoose Wrote: I did not realize that these were still in production. Are they hard to source?

i see them on ebay all the time.  instead of having a number 2 in the upper right corner which identifies the twin model, it only has the number 1.

I wonder if those are New Old Stock. If not, I would expect to see them at places other than EBay. I need to put some feelers out.

53 21,563
 07-22-2019, 07:36 AM
User Info
(07-22-2019, 07:11 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 02:20 AM)hillbillyreverend Wrote:

I wonder if those are New Old Stock. If not, I would expect to see them at places other than EBay. I need to put some feelers out.

They are for sale in the Japanese shaving shop. I've seen a photo of the blade pack posted by our shaving club member who visited Japanese shaving shop.

It is very expensive. A pack of 10 blades cost 1366 yen, which is almost equivalent to the price of twin blade.

0 5
 07-22-2019, 07:40 AM
User Info
(07-22-2019, 07:11 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I wonder if those are New Old Stock. If not, I would expect to see them at places other than EBay. I need to put some feelers out.

Not sure, but to be certain, here is a photo of the ones I am talking about and are also sold on the Japanese Marketplace called Rakuten.  
[Image: jYnSwGv.jpg]

46 433
 07-22-2019, 07:42 AM
User Info
(07-22-2019, 07:40 AM)hillbillyreverend Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 07:11 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I wonder if those are New Old Stock. If not, I would expect to see them at places other than EBay. I need to put some feelers out.

Not sure, but to be certain, here is a photo of the ones I am talking about.  
[Image: jYnSwGv.jpg]

That one is what I am talking about, too.

0 5