09-20-2012, 06:23 AM
User Info
i have been trying neutragena{sp?} body soap to shave with the last few shaves. i have the original scent, which i like, but not so much on the shave. it would work in a pinch, maybe every once in a while...but not regularly. it seemed to lather up ok, provide good glid, but it seemed to dry my face out a bit. it's a glycerin soap, so i thought it would be ok. well, that's what i get for thinking!!Biggrin

0 189
 09-20-2012, 06:30 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Boris,
I've used that one as a pre-shave soap to soften the beard and it works pretty well for that. At least there IS a way to incorporate it into your shaving routine if you already have it!
Smile

6 905
 09-20-2012, 06:35 AM
User Info
(09-20-2012, 06:30 AM)EHV Wrote: Boris,
I've used that one as a pre-shave soap to soften the beard and it works pretty well for that. At least there IS a way to incorporate it into your shaving routine if you already have it!
Smile

thanks EHV! i will try that. i have a good routine, but it is starting to get a little cooler down here. this may be part of the winter routine. if it works well....all the time maybe..

0 189
 09-20-2012, 08:59 PM
User Info
I try off the wall items to shave with as the ideas strike me.

I normally use "Clearly Natural" glycerine soap to shave with, my own scent of choice added to it (Menthol and KF Bay Rum scent). It's at least as good as low end glycerine shave soaps. They work decently enough to keep them in my rotation. Not all of the experiments do however. I actually like Clearly Natural as a low end shave soap, but I have very soft water, it might be different if I had hard water.

I've used Neutrogena Facial soap in the past and I can't imagine it as shave soap. Not being hugely knowledgeable about soap, especially glycerine, I can't imagine what makes one good and one junk for shaving, but there are clearly differences.

32 6,308