07-28-2019, 08:40 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
The first is always the most memorable and in this case a happy memory indeed. 

A very comfortable BBS with a fresh Polsilver and Wholly Kaw Dark Vetiver whipped with an Omega boar.

Tiny areas of mild sting with alum bar where I went for the BBS in a trouble zone. No sting at all with Pitralon Pure AS splash.

The shave is very efficient and the blade sings as it works. It is also mild as the blade only cuts the hair and leaves the top layer of skin alone. impressive geometric design.

The halo handle is longer than I anticipated. I guess didn't read past titanium to know that it was 100mm long. i doubt i would have purchased this razor if I had been aware of the length of the handle but all's well that ends well as the balance and beauty of the halo (YMMV) along with a no slip grip made the handle an unexpected star of the shave.

the head is impressive and the plate really holds the blade stiff and solid. so solid it was difficult to remove the blade from the plate after the shave as the tabs are not exposed. it is a pleasure not to have to deal with the tabs cutting my finger tips but I will have to shave with the razor a few more times to find a blade removable hack.

SS OC head, titanium handle, genuine leather zipper case for $65 shipped. If you like fancy boxes this one is not for you. 

Otherwise, 3 cheers for RazoRock.  Bow Clap Number_one

0 314
 07-28-2019, 09:16 AM
User Info
I'm thinking of springing for the GC OC with the Super Knurled handle.  I already have their Bulldog handle that came with the Old Type and find it to be too long at 90mm.  I have an Ikon Bulldog that is 85 mm as well as an 80mm and prefer the 85.  The RR Super Knurled is 85mm and figure that will be perfect.  The bonus is I don't already have one of those.  I don't really care about packaging as I 'm going to use the razor and the packaging will likely end up in the garbage (blasphemy - I know).   This may be the only SS modern razor that I will need.  I'll rotate it with my vintage Gillette New Deluxe on the Ikon Bulldog 85mm.  And every once in a while will use my Gillette Old Type, Slim Adjustable (H3), RR Old Type, Gillette Single Ring, and Gillette NEW (SC).  But my Gillette New Deluxe is the one setting the bar for the GC OC.  We shall  see.  Thanks for the review.

2 316
 07-29-2019, 05:29 AM
User Info
This razor kinda makes one question why a Wolfman is $600 or so

1 66
 07-29-2019, 06:19 AM
User Info
(07-29-2019, 05:29 AM)Bullyson Wrote: This razor kinda makes one question why a Wolfman is $600 or so

Absolutely.  Or even any razor that costs more than $200.

2 316
 07-29-2019, 02:02 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I know what you mean. Between my two Game Changers (both SB versions) and two Asylum Evolutions (XL and black oxide), I think I’m set with modern DE razors. Yes, the Game Changer is a game changer. The only other modern razor I’d jump on is the Asylum Rx Injector but it hasn’t been made yet. I guess when the redesigned Rx runs it’s course, Phil will look into an injector version. But this thread isn’t about that. Sorry for the hijack.

15 3,598
 07-29-2019, 03:06 PM
User Info
I have gc .84, .68 and .84 “jaws”. All incredible razors.

1 5
 07-29-2019, 05:47 PM
User Info
(07-29-2019, 03:06 PM)retroman_1979 Wrote: I have gc .84, .68 and .84 “jaws”. All incredible razors.

I have the exact same set of GC, and I really like them a lot. I am not sure if I want to try the OC as it is apparently just a little bit less aggresive then the JAWS.

I went for the JAWS as it look quite different then the regular open comb offer you can see everywhere!

0 185