07-28-2019, 11:06 AM
User Info
I was just curious as to seeing video on breaking in a boar by soaking the brush in cold water in the refrigerator for a few days. how does the cold water break in the hair any different then if you left it in room temperature water. I would think that the warm or room temp water would let the brush absorb the water in to the hair to split the hairs better & break in better then cold would, especially if the brush was left in the room temp water for a day or 2,,,,, like they say to leave in the fridge for that length of time.

SO has any one tried to break in their boar brush with ROOM TEMP WATER and left it on the counter instead of in the fridge for a few days before ????

0 18
 07-28-2019, 11:42 AM
User Info
Before first shave I wash it in dawn dishwashing liquid in hot tap water.  After that, just hot tap water with normal pre-shave soaking and usage.

2 353
 07-28-2019, 03:53 PM
User Info
I didn't do a thing. My Thater was excellent from the first shave, and continues to be excellent. I took it out of the box, ran it under hot water for a few seconds and lathered it up.

1 571
 07-28-2019, 07:22 PM
User Info
I've never followed a particular procedure for breaking in a boar brush.  I just shave with it and let it break in gradually that way.

60 9,558
 07-28-2019, 11:28 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(07-28-2019, 11:06 AM)shoebooty Wrote: I was just curious as to seeing video on breaking in a boar by soaking the brush in cold water in the refrigerator for a few days. how does the cold water break in the hair any different then if you left it in room temperature water. I would think that the warm or room temp water would let the brush absorb the water in to the hair to split the hairs better & break in better then cold would, especially if the brush was left in the room temp water for a day or 2,,,,, like they say to leave in the fridge for that length of time.

SO has any one tried to break in their boar brush with ROOM TEMP WATER and left it on the counter instead of in the fridge for a few days before ????

Since you asked... it sounds like a load of bovine excrement.

15 3,694
 07-29-2019, 12:39 PM
User Info
Thank you for all the replies back !!

0 18