07-29-2019, 05:15 AM
User Info
Has anyone tried both the ATT G1 razor and the Backland Sabre? How do they compare? I know they are both considered to be mild razors but does one feel more aggressive than the other?

5 1,931
 07-30-2019, 09:29 AM
User Info
The Sabre comes in two flavors - Level One and Level Two. L1 is a mild razor more similar to the G1, but not quite as mild. Sabre L2 is a couple notches above both in terms of efficiency. It sacrifices very little smoothness while picking up a great deal of efficiency. Also of note, the Sabre is a true three-piece razor with no extra bits. The G1 uses a small threaded hook to capture the top cap. It's actually really clever, but it does give you that extra tiny piece to potentially lose in your drain.

0 807
 07-30-2019, 11:54 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
I can't speak to the performance of the GEM razors, but I can at least comment on the quality of the manufacturing. I have both company's AC single edge razors, the Blackland Vector and the ATT SE2, and I feel that the Blackland has a nicer finish and more precise machining. Everything just seems to fit a little better and it has to be more of a challenge to get to that level when creating the Vector's smaller parts. That's not to say the ATT isn't well-made, it certainly is, but the Blackland is at a little bit higher level and more attention seems to have been paid to the appearance. To be fair, I have not seen ATT's polished razors, but my Vector isn't polished either. FWIW both razors shave very well, and it is a safe bet that the same can be said about the G1 and Sabres.

17 961
 08-29-2019, 01:48 PM
User Info
The Sabre L1 and L2 put the ATT to shame to me.  Just my opinion.  I had the G1 and could not get a close shave with the first iteration.  Stan then released a more "aggressive" base plate but it still would not give me a close shave> . I loved the design but the only 2 modern Gem razors that i kept in my collection are the Sabre L2 and the Rocnel SE-G.  The Sabre is tops for me with the Rocnel coming in a close second.

4 1,428