08-16-2019, 01:19 AM
User Info
Hi all I just pick this up on ebay Eversharp Schick Injector

I was wondering if you guys have
some info on it and is it any good as a razor? I have never owned an
injector
Also can someone give me a recommendation on the new blades to buy and maybe where?
I paid $30 AU including postage
thanks in advance
Paul
[Image: schick1.jpghttp:]

0 46
 08-16-2019, 03:26 AM
User Info
Nice looking razor, from what I can see. Looks like a G-type to me, possible early 50's based on the box.

I find my Schick L-type to be a very nice razor to use, a G should be just as nice but more aggressive.

Injector blades are available from several sources, including BullGoose and Connaught (where I buy mine from). I find that both the Chinese Schick and the Personna blades shaves great, so I would suggest getting some of each to try.

3 7,185
 08-16-2019, 04:42 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Yes, it’s a very nice looking razor. I have a G type as well, but prefer the type “I” as it is a smoother shaver for me. My skin seems to prefer the Schick blades, but other folks swear by the Personna blades. Enjoy your shaves!

16 4,325
 08-16-2019, 05:13 AM
User Info
I have a G1, an I2 and an L type Injectors. They are all excellent shavers, very easy to use and nimble, hard to hurt yourself with. Like Hans said I have found the G to be a bit more aggressive than the others but not excessively so. Like Chazt I prefer the I2 for comfort but the G is still very good. I have been using Personna blades since they are the only ones I have easy access to and they work fine, I buy them from Connaught Shaving.

You have a fine razor there. Enjoy.

EDIT: It looks to me like you have a G8 version there. Here's more info: Schick Injector Razors.

1 405
 08-16-2019, 07:12 AM
User Info
Great info thanks a lot guys I just have to wait for it to arrive posted on 14/8 from Greece
and I am in Australia I will buy some of the blades you have recommended then
It sounds like an other fine piece of shaving history
cheers
Paul

0 46
 08-16-2019, 07:19 AM
User Info
(08-16-2019, 05:13 AM)RazorSteve Wrote: I have a G1, an I2 and an L type Injectors. They are all excellent shavers, very easy to use and nimble, hard to hurt yourself with. Like Hans said I have found the G to be a bit more aggressive than the others but not excessively so. Like Chazt I prefer the I2 for comfort but the G is still very good. I have been using Personna blades since they are the only ones I have easy access to and they work fine, I buy them from Connaught Shaving.

You have a fine razor there. Enjoy.

EDIT: It looks to me like you have a G8 version there. Here's more info: Schick Injector Razors.

Thanks mate for the great link I am of to read it now
cheers
Paul

0 46
 09-01-2019, 11:47 PM
User Info
Its here! and thankfully it looks in good nick

I noticed when I took it out to the shed to run the razor and case over the polishing wheel that it has a black plastic blade blank in it
I wonder if it has been used or not as the injector blades are missing
now just have to wait for some blades to arrive from connaught shaving
here is some pics after a clean up Razor and Case
Paul

[Image: schick8.jpg]
[Image: schick6.jpg]
[Image: schick7.jpg]

0 46
 09-02-2019, 01:17 AM
User Info
(09-01-2019, 11:47 PM)valetauto Wrote: I wonder if it has been used or not as the injector blades are missing

AFAIK new injectors have a dummy blade inserted from the factory (although that may or may not hold true with injectors of this vintage). So if there is a dummy blade in, it's likely unused. If its empty, it could be used or unused. If it has a 'live' blade in it, it's likely used.

Lovely razor, let us know how it shaves once you got some blades Biggrin

3 7,185
 09-02-2019, 04:30 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I would say you got a pristine unused old G Razor.  Here are some instructions on how to load the razor and how to apply it to your face.

[Image: 1zJA0cV.jpg]

187 26,165
 09-02-2019, 10:34 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
(09-02-2019, 04:30 AM)Johnny Wrote: I would say you got a pristine unused old G Razor.  Here are some instructions on how to load the razor and how to apply it to your face.

Thanks for the instruction sheet. I was wondering why my "new to me" I1 was so rough one shave and smooth the next. I blamed the blade but I think it has more to do with #4 than the blade.

0 464
 09-02-2019, 11:13 PM
User Info
(09-02-2019, 04:30 AM)Johnny Wrote: I would say you got a pristine unused old G Razor.  Here are some instructions on how to load the razor and how to apply it to your face.

Thanks mate I will follow these instruction when my pack of persona blades arrive (waiting.....)
Cheers
Paul

0 46