08-21-2019, 12:07 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
Comparing the previous one, we see an increase in the components.
The ingredient list (INCI) is as follows:
Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Cotton, Jojoba,
Rosa Mosqueta, Linen, Sweet Almond, Lanolin, Shea Butter,
Rhassoul, Vitamin E, Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Then ...
• Increased Glycerin, moisturizer
• Added Cotton oil in high position, anti-age, anti-radical, deep absorption
• Added Rosa Mosqueta oil in a medium, regenerating, anti-aging and healing position
• Added Sweet Almond oil in a medium position, emollient, softening, nourishing, soothing
... with already a decidedly rich base, so that the water is in a really low position.

In detail, the Hoi An model is a burst of spearmint in the form of essential oils.
[Image: F9jZyGo.jpg]
Credit Frankincense@FA

0 2,492
 08-21-2019, 12:23 PM
User Info
Excellent post, Pierpaolo.
Manuel's soaps have always been one of the best around and this latest offering raises the game even higher. I only use four brands now and the new base is firmly in my #1 position.

37 5,699
 08-21-2019, 12:46 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(08-21-2019, 12:23 PM)Optometrist Wrote: ... the new base is firmly in my #1 position.

WOWWWWWWW
This is a great point!!!

0 2,492
 08-21-2019, 01:20 PM
User Info
Peppermint scent is not for me.  However, I find Manuel's soaps to be among the best available.  I currently have 7 of his scents, and will be adding others, including the new versions of Sandalo,  Tobacco, and Rosa-Oud.

[Image: vvihGic.jpg]

60 10,795
 08-21-2019, 01:35 PM
User Info
(08-21-2019, 01:20 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Peppermint scent is not for me.  However, I find Manuel's soaps to be among the best available.  I currently have 7 of his scents, and will be adding others, including the new versions of Sandalo,  Tobacco, and Rosa-Oud.
Rick, Hoi An is actually spearmint, not peppermint. Reminds me of Trebor chewy spearmints, if you have those in the US.

37 5,699
 08-21-2019, 02:12 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(08-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Optometrist Wrote: Hoi An is actually spearmint, not peppermint.
Just fixed.
Thanks.

0 2,492
 08-21-2019, 02:14 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
One thing I really do not like about Manuel's soap: labeling.
Not graphic ... but what soap is inside.
In the last pic, I can not see what is which ...

I know in first pic It's v3.0 2019 Premium Tallow.
But I can not see on it !!!

0 2,492
 08-21-2019, 06:21 PM
User Info
(08-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Optometrist Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 01:20 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Peppermint scent is not for me.  However, I find Manuel's soaps to be among the best available.  I currently have 7 of his scents, and will be adding others, including the new versions of Sandalo,  Tobacco, and Rosa-Oud.
Rick, Hoi An is actually spearmint, not peppermint. Reminds me of Trebor chewy spearmints, if you have those in the US.

Thank you for the clarification David.  Although I don't like Spearmint either, Manuel's soaps are among the best available for me.

60 10,795
 09-05-2019, 09:38 AM
User Info
I am down to 2 soaps that I keep multiple tubs of.  Grooming Dept and CRSW/Glide.  I also have a few tubs of Saponificio Varesino for my hard soaps fix.  I bought a tub of the LE Jabonman Bullgoose Mediterraneo when it was available.  Love it!!  I want to get some more but don't know which ones to try to get.  Bullgoose has a couple but have no idea what the scent is like other than the Sandalo being a sandlewood scent.  Any suggestions on what to buy and where to buy them?

9 1,575
 09-05-2019, 10:01 AM
User Info
(09-05-2019, 09:38 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: I am down to 2 soaps that I keep multiple tubs of.  Grooming Dept and CRSW/Glide.  I also have a few tubs of Saponificio Varesino for my hard soaps fix.  I bought a tub of the LE Jabonman Bullgoose Mediterraneo when it was available.  Love it!!  I want to get some more but don't know which ones to try to get.  Bullgoose has a couple but have no idea what the scent is like other than the Sandalo being a sandlewood scent.  Any suggestions on what to buy and where to buy them?

What type of scents do you prefer?

Eufros/JabonMan is also available in the US from West Coast Shaving (currently sold out) and also Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC, I believe. Although shipping will be more, a much wider selection is available direct from Manuel in Barcelona, Spain.

37 5,699
 09-23-2020, 04:45 PM
User Info
I would love to hear your favorite Eufros scents! Considering getting Gea, Sirio, Atlantico, Han oi

18 319
 09-24-2020, 02:19 AM
User Info
(09-23-2020, 04:45 PM)Batmanacci Wrote: I would love to hear your favorite Eufros scents! Considering getting Gea, Sirio, Atlantico, Han oi

I've replied to your question on Sirio and Atlántico over on ATG, but for anybody else interested, below is my post copied.
Hoi An is pretty much spearmint scent, the other notes of grapefruit, lavender and cedar being barely detectable, if at all.
GEA is not a scent I've experienced.
My all-time favourite JabonMan scent has been Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Naranja, but it's not been available for several years.
In the current lineup, I'd put Lima Especias, Hoi An, Sirio and Vetiver de Haiti as my favourites.

"I'll do my best as scent description is not my forte.
Sirio and Atlántico are the best of the four new scents, IMO. For Sirio, a slight dominance to the chamomile, I'd say, but it's so well blended that neither chamomile, nor violet, is overpowering. It's my favourite of the four, but initially the one I hesitated buying as I know how dominant both chamomile and violet can be. Love it.

Atlántico is the floral of the four. Again, Manuel is brilliant in blending notes. I get the lily and magnolia".

37 5,699