08-21-2019, 12:07 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
Comparing the previous one, we see an increase in the components.
The ingredient list (INCI) is as follows:
Stearic Acid, Tallow, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Cotton, Jojoba,
Rosa Mosqueta, Linen, Sweet Almond, Lanolin, Shea Butter,
Rhassoul, Vitamin E, Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Then ...
• Increased Glycerin, moisturizer
• Added Cotton oil in high position, anti-age, anti-radical, deep absorption
• Added Rosa Mosqueta oil in a medium, regenerating, anti-aging and healing position
• Added Sweet Almond oil in a medium position, emollient, softening, nourishing, soothing
... with already a decidedly rich base, so that the water is in a really low position.

In detail, the Hoi An model is a burst of spearmint in the form of essential oils.
[Image: F9jZyGo.jpg]
Credit Frankincense@FA

0 1,821
 08-21-2019, 12:23 PM
User Info
Excellent post, Pierpaolo.
Manuel's soaps have always been one of the best around and this latest offering raises the game even higher. I only use four brands now and the new base is firmly in my #1 position.

35 5,555
 08-21-2019, 12:46 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(08-21-2019, 12:23 PM)Optometrist Wrote: ... the new base is firmly in my #1 position.

WOWWWWWWW
This is a great point!!!

0 1,821
 08-21-2019, 01:20 PM
User Info
Peppermint scent is not for me.  However, I find Manuel's soaps to be among the best available.  I currently have 7 of his scents, and will be adding others, including the new versions of Sandalo,  Tobacco, and Rosa-Oud.

[Image: vvihGic.jpg]

60 9,536
 08-21-2019, 01:35 PM
User Info
(08-21-2019, 01:20 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Peppermint scent is not for me.  However, I find Manuel's soaps to be among the best available.  I currently have 7 of his scents, and will be adding others, including the new versions of Sandalo,  Tobacco, and Rosa-Oud.
Rick, Hoi An is actually spearmint, not peppermint. Reminds me of Trebor chewy spearmints, if you have those in the US.

35 5,555
 08-21-2019, 02:12 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
(08-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Optometrist Wrote: Hoi An is actually spearmint, not peppermint.
Just fixed.
Thanks.

0 1,821
 08-21-2019, 02:14 PM
  • ischiapp
User Info
One thing I really do not like about Manuel's soap: labeling.
Not graphic ... but what soap is inside.
In the last pic, I can not see what is which ...

I know in first pic It's v3.0 2019 Premium Tallow.
But I can not see on it !!!

0 1,821
 08-21-2019, 06:21 PM
User Info
(08-21-2019, 01:35 PM)Optometrist Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 01:20 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Peppermint scent is not for me.  However, I find Manuel's soaps to be among the best available.  I currently have 7 of his scents, and will be adding others, including the new versions of Sandalo,  Tobacco, and Rosa-Oud.
Rick, Hoi An is actually spearmint, not peppermint. Reminds me of Trebor chewy spearmints, if you have those in the US.

Thank you for the clarification David.  I don't like Spearmint either, Manuel's soaps are among the best available for me.

60 9,536
 09-05-2019, 09:38 AM
User Info
I am down to 2 soaps that I keep multiple tubs of.  Grooming Dept and CRSW/Glide.  I also have a few tubs of Saponificio Varesino for my hard soaps fix.  I bought a tub of the LE Jabonman Bullgoose Mediterraneo when it was available.  Love it!!  I want to get some more but don't know which ones to try to get.  Bullgoose has a couple but have no idea what the scent is like other than the Sandalo being a sandlewood scent.  Any suggestions on what to buy and where to buy them?

4 1,400
 09-05-2019, 10:01 AM
User Info
(09-05-2019, 09:38 AM)gmhjr06 Wrote: I am down to 2 soaps that I keep multiple tubs of.  Grooming Dept and CRSW/Glide.  I also have a few tubs of Saponificio Varesino for my hard soaps fix.  I bought a tub of the LE Jabonman Bullgoose Mediterraneo when it was available.  Love it!!  I want to get some more but don't know which ones to try to get.  Bullgoose has a couple but have no idea what the scent is like other than the Sandalo being a sandlewood scent.  Any suggestions on what to buy and where to buy them?

What type of scents do you prefer?

Eufros/JabonMan is also available in the US from West Coast Shaving (currently sold out) and also Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC, I believe. Although shipping will be more, a much wider selection is available direct from Manuel in Barcelona, Spain.

35 5,555