09-03-2019, 10:23 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

Sometimes shaving brushes, despite their quality, just don't work out for the individual shaver. The pair offered for sale here are a good example. The prices include U.S. shipping. Paypal is fine. No trades, please.

1.  I am quite fond of synthetic brushes, especially the Black Wolf and the Tuxedo knots. This brush, a Rick Montalvo creation, is a 24 or 25mm Black Wolf knot. The handle is quite handsome in design and color combination. Sadly, the handle is a wee bit too long for my small hands and, therefore, somewhat uncomfortable. I have used it a handful of times. I think I paid around $60 for it. Yours for $40  $35  (SOLD)
[Image: oBqBBni.jpg]

2.  Simpsons The Colonel X2L would have been a near perfect brush for me had it been in super badger. The brush, however, does not come in super badger. This one is in best badger, a knot that I find a wee bit scratchy for my ultra sensitive skin. When I purchased the brush, at about $65, I hoped that by some miracle the knot would be almost right for me. Alas, it is not — a Simpsons best badger is a best badger is a best badger — a wee bit scratchy for me. I've used the brush a handful of times. It's yours for $45  $40  $35
[Image: v4JyLBv.jpg][Image: NUOQHcf.jpg]

[Image: collapse.png]

200 4,287
 09-03-2019, 10:34 AM
  • jjfar
  • First in Flight
  • North Carolina
User Info
Great stuff Obie.
Great price on that Simpson Colonel
next to my #58 I think it is the best handle.

GLWTS

124 943
 09-03-2019, 11:38 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(09-03-2019, 10:34 AM)jjfar Wrote: Great stuff Obie.
Great price on that Simpson Colonel
next to my #58 I think it is the best handle.

GLWTS
Thanks, my friend. I love the handle on The Colonel, more than even the Persian Jar 2 handle. I bought the brush for the handle, hoping that by some miracle the knot would not be the typical "best" badger from Simpson. Alas, I can't use the "best" badger knot. I love the Simpsons brushes, but only those in the "super" knot. Yes, the price is a bargain. Incidentally, the synthetic brush offered here is a beauty and sweet.

200 4,287
 09-04-2019, 07:44 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen, I have reduced the prices on these two brushes.

200 4,287
 09-05-2019, 05:10 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

The Montalvo synthetic brush is sold. The Simpson The Colonel still remains. The Simpson is a solid little brush with fairly dense best badger knot and good backbone. Love the handle. It would be a perfect brush for me were the knot Simpson's Super Badger. It's Best Badger, unfortunately for me, as I don't particularly care for the knot. Love the handle, though.

200 4,287
 09-07-2019, 02:09 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
I have put a final reduction in price on the Simpson The Colonel. It is priced to go at $35.

200 4,287