09-04-2019, 08:14 AM
User Info
Where can I buy some extremely inexpensive and high quality, long lasting double edge razor blades? Be sure to mention the make and model of the blade(s) you selected also. And don't forget Amazon and 'Try a blade' too, as well as at brick and mortar retail shops too.....

0 114
 09-04-2019, 09:21 AM
User Info
It seems you already know where to go to get blades.  I was going to suggest Try A Blade and Amazon as well as the Bay as that is where I've bought blades.  Are you new to double edge razors?  You really need to try some different blades to see what works best for you in your particular razors.  Blades are very much a YMMV sort of thing.  As many people as you ask, you will get as manny if not more different answers.  Go back to Try A Blade and order bunch of different pucks and try them out.  I like Voskhod, Gillette Silver Blue, Polsilver SI.  But there are a ton of different blades out there.

2 342
 09-04-2019, 11:55 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
The Superior Shave dot com is closing out their inventory of boxes of 100 Personna Lab Blues for $9.99 shipped.

15 3,652
 09-04-2019, 12:53 PM
User Info
In my opinion, we should buy our blades from a shaving vendor, rather than from Amazon or ebay.  For reasons that ought to be obvious to all of us, it makes sense to support those vendors serving our hobby.   The numerous benefits we receive from the small, individually owned shaving vendors far exceed what might be slightly higher costs.  I feel the same about any hobby.  I've been a runner for decades, and always purchase my shoes from a locally owned running store.

60 9,444
 09-04-2019, 01:18 PM
User Info
(09-04-2019, 12:53 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: In my opinion, we should buy our blades from a shaving vendor, rather than from Amazon or ebay.  For reasons that ought to be obvious to all of us, it makes sense to support those vendors serving our hobby.   The numerous benefits we receive from the small, individually owned shaving vendors far exceed what might be slightly higher costs.  I feel the same about any hobby.  I've been a runner for decades, and always purchase my shoes from a locally owned running store.

I couldn’t agree more.

12 625
 09-08-2019, 07:32 AM
User Info
(09-04-2019, 01:18 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 12:53 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: In my opinion, we should buy our blades from a shaving vendor, rather than from Amazon or ebay.  For reasons that ought to be obvious to all of us, it makes sense to support those vendors serving our hobby.   The numerous benefits we receive from the small, individually owned shaving vendors far exceed what might be slightly higher costs.  I feel the same about any hobby.  I've been a runner for decades, and always purchase my shoes from a locally owned running store.

I couldn’t agree more.
I agree with what you are saying, but when a shaving vender is selling 100 blades for $32.00 and Ebay has them for $14.99 then it's hard to support the venders.
I am talking about a big venders not one that has a few blades for sale.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

0 23
 09-08-2019, 07:56 AM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info

+1

65 1,898
 09-08-2019, 12:38 PM
User Info
(09-08-2019, 07:32 AM)Stuartganis Wrote:

I couldn’t agree more.
I agree with what you are saying, but when a shaving vender is selling 100 blades for $32.00 and Ebay has them for $14.99 then it's hard to support the venders.

You mean the ones that have huge buying power, and sell at or close to cost, and push out the small vendors that actually partake and support the hobby?

12 625
 09-08-2019, 12:47 PM
User Info
Vendors > eBay > Amazon & co... in my not so humble opinion at best.

Buying your blades on the fleabay might save you money in the short run; but what will you do when you're out of blades, the fleabay seller has upped the cost and the vendor is out of business due to lack of sales?

That, and I would trust the blades I get from a reputable, interested vendor much more than from someone unknown on fleabay.

3 6,568
 09-08-2019, 01:28 PM
User Info

Well said Cheers

12 634
 09-09-2019, 05:27 PM
User Info

I couldn’t agree more.

Ever wonder how these mega companies can sell items for so cheap? Ever wonder how something is made in China and gets to our doors for $4? These companies have mega buying power and they abuse it at every level of the supply chain. Labor is exploited in many many ways. The environment is exploited. Customer service can be horrible. How is the customer service at Walmart? Small businesses are forced to shut down as they cannot compete. Money is taken out of communities and sent to large corporations who do not care about anything other than profits and stock price. And I can go on and on. 

There are many reasons to support our local and small vendors over the mega companies. If we don't do that, we will be left with the mega companies who will then control the whole market and there will be no competition.

0 68
 09-12-2019, 07:19 AM
User Info
I've been real happy lately with Razor Blades Club online. Free shipping when you purchase 100 blades. You can purchase by the blade, the tuck, 30 packs, or 100 packs. I've also spent some money on blades with Connaught online as well ( great deal on SuperMax Blue Diamond Titaniums - 200 blades for about $10 and they are impressive blades for me). Both of these stores are 'overseas' from the continental US so shipping might take a week, but it's not terrible.

I've been known to pick up the odd tuck of store brand blades. These are typically Dorcos or Personnas but they shave fine. They aren't cost leaders though as they are typically in the $1.25 range and up for 5 blades. Still, it's nice to have a local supply if needed.

I do use Amazon, and I typically find some of my best deals are actually being fulfilled by the online wetshaving stores. Just look at who is fulfilling the order, and if you are like me and have Prime it can be a better deal to order through their Amazon storefront. Best of both worlds. I recently purchased 100 Silver Star blades from Amazon for $8 with free prime shipping, and they were fulfilled by the Razor Blades Club I mentioned in my first sentence. That's actually a better deal than their online website.

Lest I forget I also added a 5 pack of Gillette Sharpedges to my last Stirling Soap order. I'd never used them before and it got the order cost closer to a round number. I like doing that since it's a nice way to try out some blades I've never used, and to appease my OCD LOL.

0 253
 09-12-2019, 07:42 AM
User Info
(09-08-2019, 12:38 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 01:18 PM)vigilantesd Wrote: I couldn’t agree more.

You mean the ones that have huge buying power, and sell at or close to cost, and push out the small vendors that actually partake and support the hobby?
No I am talking about a vender on the West Coast who was selling 100 blades for $32.00,

0 23
 09-12-2019, 09:06 AM
User Info
(09-12-2019, 07:42 AM)Stuartganis Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 12:38 PM)vigilantesd Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 07:32 AM)Stuartganis Wrote: I agree with what you are saying, but when a shaving vender is selling 100 blades for $32.00 and Ebay has them for $14.99 then it's hard to support the venders.

No I am talking about a vender on the West Coast who was selling 100 blades for $32.00,

Ummmm
“I am talking about a big venders not one that has a few blades for sale. “

12 625
 09-12-2019, 04:24 PM
  • Keto
User Info
(09-04-2019, 08:14 AM)punchy Wrote: Where can I buy some extremely inexpensive and high quality, long lasting double edge razor blades? Be sure to mention the make and model of the blade(s) you selected also. And don't forget Amazon and 'Try a blade' too, as well as at brick and mortar retail shops too.....

Well did you figure out where to get blades or was it just a rhetorical question?

0 39