09-21-2019, 04:37 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I had not used a shaving soap in a bowl for months. That changed today. I found some time earlier this morning and had an enjoyable shave. Shaving sticks were my weapons of choice. I have not grated any in a bowl and I won't do so.

If you have the time, making lather in a bowl or scuttle with a soap that smells fantastic is really something else... I wish I had the time to shave like this every day of the week.

P.s. I bought this Nuavia three years ago and it still smells like the day I first used it. I can't say the same about other artisan made products I have/had.

[Image: 273ace56d3a62eb0b498a4cafcb76e12.jpg][Image: b91a99c6402fddaa011d69cffcd4f803.jpg]

60 2,632
 10-24-2019, 04:51 AM
User Info
One of life’s little pleasures that most men will never get to enjoy due to paradigms such as cheaper and faster must be better. Sad...

Vr

Matt

34 1,923
 10-24-2019, 05:27 AM
User Info
(10-24-2019, 04:51 AM)Ols67 Wrote: One of life’s little pleasures that most men will never get to enjoy due to paradigms such as cheaper and faster must be better.  Sad...

Vr

Matt

Cheaper and faster isn't better?
The problem with instant gratification is it does not come soon enough.
When I talk about wet shaving, I get a usual reply: "I don't have the time"

62 1,595
 10-24-2019, 05:46 AM
User Info
(10-24-2019, 05:27 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 04:51 AM)Ols67 Wrote: One of life’s little pleasures that most men will never get to enjoy due to paradigms such as cheaper and faster must be better.  Sad...

Vr

Matt

I hear the same thing all the time.  Yesterday I had breakfast with a friend who I had put together a beginner kit to try as he is a cart user and he had complained about irritation.  So I bought him a RR razor, some blades, a tube of Proraso White, an Omega synthetic brush and a salsa bowl for lathering.  This was a couple years ago now.  So I asked him if has used the kit at all.  His response was "I just don't have the time.  Wife is up at 4:15 and we are out of the house by 6:15."  And in his defense he has a two hour commute from NJ to Brooklyn every day driving.  That has to be absolute hell.  So I understand.  But I asked him what about the weekends.  I guess no time then either.  Everyone has their own priorities.

2 378
 10-24-2019, 07:25 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
(10-24-2019, 05:46 AM)MntnMan62 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 05:27 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote:

Vr

Matt

I hear the same thing all the time.  Yesterday I had breakfast with a friend who I had put together a beginner kit to try as he is a cart user and he had complained about irritation.  So I bought him a RR razor, some blades, a tube of Proraso White, an Omega synthetic brush and a salsa bowl for lathering.  This was a couple years ago now.  So I asked him if has used the kit at all.  His response was "I just don't have the time.  Wife is up at 4:15 and we are out of the house by 6:15."  And in his defense he has a two hour commute from NJ to Brooklyn every day driving.  That has to be absolute hell.  So I understand.  But I asked him what about the weekends.  I guess no time then either.  Everyone has their own priorities.

I have noticed that folks make time for what is important to them. until i started down this rabbit hole, I had a full beard...now i make the time to save everyday even if I have to fit it in before bedtime.

0 364
 10-24-2019, 07:37 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-24-2019, 07:25 AM)RyznRio Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 05:46 AM)MntnMan62 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 05:27 AM)jackgoldman123 Wrote: Cheaper and faster isn't better?

I have noticed that folks make time for what is important to them. until i started down this rabbit hole, I had a full beard...now i make the time to save everyday even if I have to fit it in before bedtime.

Yes, most of my shaves are mid to late evening which saves 30+ minutes every morning. I don’t work in a corporate/business setting so bbs isn’t that important for the job.

I suggest to guys (if they express concerns about safety razor shaving) that they first try making lather with a puck and brush while sticking with their carts. Many are okay with easing into it this way. Baby steps...

15 3,807