10-09-2019, 07:17 PM
User Info
Recently, I bought 2000+ polsilver super iridium blades online from 2 different sellers. Most of them came from 1 seller. When the blades arrived, they came in the polsilver sleeve and upon inspecting each packet of 5, the packaging looked legit. I took them all out of the sleeve and put them into tupperware containers. I opened a couple of packers and shaved with the blades and it all looked legit. Until today. I took a new packet out of my tupperware and noticed it was open. When I took out a blade, it was clearly not a polsilver super iridium blade. All the blades in this packet are identical and not polsilver. See pictures. I was looking for a feel good shave today and did not want to try this one, so I put the packet aside, took out another packet, opened it and this one has the real polsilver super iridium blades. I don't know how many duds I have and who they are from because I combined all the blades from the 2 sellers. Only time will tell how badly I have been scammed. Folks, buyer beware. Don't be like me, closely inspect every single item you buy.

[Image: VqzwXyL.jpg]

[Image: KaSYCN2.jpg]

0 81
 10-09-2019, 07:33 PM
User Info
Sorry to hear about that.  This is what happens when people spread silly rumors about ceasing production.  The prices go up and the scammers come out.  I hope you can get to the bottom of which seller is the scammer, and then maybe share it with us so we don't succumb to the same shyster.

2 362
 10-10-2019, 04:19 AM
User Info
Sorry this happened to you.  Over the years there have been various posts in shaving forums about fake Polsilver blades.

Does anyone know if production of these blades actually ceased?

60 9,644
 10-10-2019, 06:38 AM
User Info
I don't see it as Fake Polsilvers per se, but more of an unethical practice to open the original box and replace the real Polsilvers blades with some no name ones. Since you bought a truck load they slipped some open boxes in the stash thinking you wouldn't notice right away. That's real crooked and hopefully you get it resolved with Ebay as Item received not as described.

0 49
 10-10-2019, 08:51 AM
User Info
(10-10-2019, 06:38 AM)Max Sprecher Wrote: I don't see it as Fake Polsilvers per se, but more of an unethical practice to open the original box and replace the real Polsilvers blades with some no name ones. Since you bought a truck load they slipped some open boxes in the stash thinking you wouldn't notice right away. That's real crooked and hopefully you get it resolved with Ebay as Item received not as described.

So true.  And make sure you post a review that reflects their lack of ethical behavior.

2 362
 10-10-2019, 12:59 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Hope your review of the seller begins "you crook"

17 853
 10-10-2019, 01:34 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
so has Polsilver SI become the newest edition of a vintage blade? 

the prices say so.

0 352
 10-10-2019, 03:36 PM
User Info
Terrible!  I am sorry to see something like this happen.  How hard is it to be a good person?  Must be harder than I think...sad...

Vr

Matt

32 1,816
 10-10-2019, 07:46 PM
User Info
(10-10-2019, 12:59 PM)SCOV Wrote: Hope your review of the seller begins "you crook"

Unfortunately, I bought from 2 sellers and I have combined the lot from both sellers. So, I don't know which seller did this.

0 81
 10-10-2019, 07:52 PM
User Info
(10-10-2019, 06:38 AM)Max Sprecher Wrote: I don't see it as Fake Polsilvers per se, but more of an unethical practice to open the original box and replace the real Polsilvers blades with some no name ones. Since you bought a truck load they slipped some open boxes in the stash thinking you wouldn't notice right away. That's real crooked and hopefully you get it resolved with Ebay as Item received not as described.

"unethical practice to open the original box and replace the real Polsilvers blades with some no name ones." -- Who has the time to do that? And what would they do with the original ones without the packaging? Puzzling to me why someone would do this. It doesn't seem to me that the reward is worth the effort.

0 81
 10-10-2019, 08:17 PM
User Info
(10-10-2019, 07:52 PM)meshave Wrote:

"unethical practice to open the original box and replace the real Polsilvers blades with some no name ones." -- Who has the time to do that? And what would they do with the original ones without the packaging? Puzzling to me why someone would do this. It doesn't seem to me that the reward is worth the effort.

It may not be worth the effort but that hasn't seemed to have stopped someone from doing it.  It's amazing what you will find humans will do.  You can't always be certain of the motivation of the human species.  But humans sure have the capacity to treat other humans and mammals in ways that make someone with a conscience cringe.

2 362
 10-11-2019, 06:12 PM
User Info
(10-10-2019, 08:17 PM)MntnMan62 Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 07:52 PM)meshave Wrote:

It may not be worth the effort but that hasn't seemed to have stopped someone from doing it.  It's amazing what you will find humans will do.  You can't always be certain of the motivation of the human species.  But humans sure have the capacity to treat other humans and mammals in ways that make someone with a conscience cringe.

Sadly, I agree with you on human capacity for cruelty.

0 81