10-14-2019, 05:56 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I will be in San Francisco next week for work. Are there any shaving stores that I should check out? I would also appreciate recommendations on local restaurants. I'm pretty open to any type of cuisine. My client is a little unrealistic with food allowance, so I can't eat anything too expensive.

3 702
 10-14-2019, 05:41 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I can’t speak to any shave shops, but there are wonderful places to eat in every section of the city. Truly, SF is a great restaurant town. We’re partial to one in particular, Firefly Restaurant. My wife’s cousin’s daughter is the executive chef there, competed on Chopped many seasons ago! She is incredibly talented. Chef Hayley is vegan, but cooks all meals flawlessly. The second best fried chicken I’ve had (after Willie Mae’s in New Orleans - to die for!). You can find them online at fireflysfdotcom.

15 3,749
 10-14-2019, 06:14 PM
User Info
For shaving shops, check out Nancy Boy. It’s in Hayes Valley, which is a cool neighborhood with lots of good restaurants and is very walkable. The other one is Wingtip. They sell clothes and other things, but have some shaving gear.

For restaurants, it really depends on neighborhood. I’d recommend checking out a site called “Eater,” which has solid recs for SF on a map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 365
 10-17-2019, 04:14 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(10-14-2019, 05:41 PM)chazt Wrote: I can’t speak to any shave shops, but there are wonderful places to eat in every section of the city. Truly, SF is a great restaurant town. We’re partial to one in particular, Firefly Restaurant. My wife’s cousin’s daughter is the executive chef there, competed on Chopped many seasons ago! She is incredibly talented. Chef Hayley is vegan, but cooks all meals flawlessly. The second best fried chicken I’ve had (after Willie Mae’s in New Orleans - to die for!). You can find them online at fireflysfdotcom.

I'll look that restaurant up.  I went to a restaurant in NYC that was owned by one of the chefs on Iron Chef and it was really good, so I would think someone who competed on Chopped would be good as well.  If you like fried chicken, you need to go to a meat and three restaurant if you're ever down south.

3 702
 10-17-2019, 04:16 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(10-14-2019, 06:14 PM)Watson15 Wrote: For shaving shops, check out Nancy Boy. It’s in Hayes Valley, which is a cool neighborhood with lots of good restaurants and is very walkable. The other one is Wingtip. They sell clothes and other things, but have some shaving gear.

For restaurants, it really depends on neighborhood. I’d recommend checking out a site called “Eater,” which has solid recs for SF on a map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I'll look up Hayes Valley and see what restaurants they have.  I like to go to different and walk around, but it's hard to know which areas are good when I go to a different city.

3 702
 10-28-2019, 12:41 AM
User Info
I will take note of your instructions
bullet force

0 2