10-21-2019, 06:19 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
After searching for a while, I finally found a very nice looking E2. Unfortunately, It shaves like Satan's pitchfork. From what I can determine the lower half of the head is bent causing one side of the blade to rest on top of the blade stop and not behind it. 

Is this issue repairable? Is there someone who fixes vintage shicks?

0 359
 10-21-2019, 09:08 AM
User Info
As far as I recall the E2 is the Schick where the spring can be swung out of the way to open the head fully? If so, it might be possible to open the head and use a pair or two of pliers to straighten the bottom plate... however, great care should obviously be taken.

3 6,716
 10-21-2019, 01:29 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
(10-21-2019, 09:08 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: As far as I recall the E2 is the Schick where the spring can be swung out of the way to open the head fully? If so, it might be possible to open the head and use a pair or two of pliers to straighten the bottom plate... however, great care should obviously be taken.

Yes Hans I did try that maneuver however the lower swing half of the head is small and it is difficult to gain enough leverage to be effective with pliers. I Am hoping that there is a device that presses brass into shape that would be used by a schick razor repair shop if such a place ever existed.
I first used a leather strip from a strap but that proved to be a suit of armor for a snowball fight.
I moved on to business cards which seemed to work better but just not good enough.

0 359
 10-23-2019, 05:08 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I sent a couple of pics to Matt @ razoremporium. waiting for his recommendation.

0 359
 10-23-2019, 05:55 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
It may prove too costly to repair this item as they’re reasonably inexpensive to purchase. Do you have any recourse with the seller? It’s been my experience that reputable sellers are willing to work out such situations amicably.

15 3,794
 11-08-2019, 03:58 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
Thanks Charlie, I contacted Razor Emporium and Matt felt like he could do the job, however, the cost of the repair was double the cost of the razor as Charlie pointed out. 
If the razor had provenance, my dad's or ... but an ebay item, well not so much. I contacted the ebayer and he was willing to do a return so it's just an adventure. actually the razor + repair would have cost $70ish so never a big deal. otherwise a very nice vintage schick that has flunked geometry. well the next one will be the best one of them all.

0 359
 11-08-2019, 06:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Yep, the best one yet! Wink

15 3,794