10-21-2019, 06:27 AM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
I recently went down the vintage blade rabbit hole in search of injector blades.

I found a nice ebay listing with vintage personna DE and injector blades. The DE blades are great. 

I got one injector blade out and it was a great shave however now the injector blades will not eject to inject. the spring in the cartridge works fine. the slider works fine. the blades are stuck. 

should i use oil to lubricate the blades? soak the cartridge or just drip in machine oil? 

new to vintage injector blades so is there something I am missing?

0 359
 10-21-2019, 08:08 AM
User Info
Try using a hair dryer.

75 5,663
 10-21-2019, 01:34 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
(10-21-2019, 08:08 AM)primotenore Wrote: Try using a hair dryer.
Now that is a solution I would have never considered as I have not considered using a hair dryer for any reason in the last 25 years. I will give it a try.

0 359
 10-21-2019, 01:40 PM
User Info
(10-21-2019, 01:34 PM)RyznRio Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 08:08 AM)primotenore Wrote: Try using a hair dryer.
Now that is a solution I would have never considered as I have not considered using a hair dryer for any reason in the last 25 years. I will give it a try.
Let us know if it works. It should.

75 5,663
 10-21-2019, 06:46 PM
User Info
Awesome solution that I never would have thought of.

6 470
 11-05-2019, 01:15 PM
  • RyznRio
  • Connecticut
User Info
well then, to finish the story of the injector blades that would not eject. Primo's idea to use a hairdryer didn't work but his solution diagnosed the problem. moisture and years of sitting idle had caused the blades to stick together so tightly that they were stuck in the cartridge and wouldn't budge. really stuck. so after oiling the cartridge failed, then using the hairdryer failed to break the bond between the blades I realized that I needed something that would remove the moisture by working 24/7. so I wrapped the cartridge in a paper towel then placed it in a small baggie with a few tablespoonfuls of salt. I sealed the baggie and put it on a radiator. its been cold enough in Connecticut to heat the house. the salt worked 24/7 and gentle heat usually on to take the chill out of the morning worked together to remove the moisture and allow me to eject a nice sharp vintage blade injected into my I2 shick for a superb DFS this morning.

Thanks, Primo.

0 359
 11-05-2019, 02:43 PM
User Info
(11-05-2019, 01:15 PM)RyznRio Wrote: well then, to finish the story of the injector blades that would not eject. Primo's idea to use a hairdryer didn't work but his solution diagnosed the problem. moisture and years of sitting idle had caused the blades to stick together so tightly that they were stuck in the cartridge and wouldn't budge. really stuck. so after oiling the cartridge failed, then using the hairdryer failed to break the bond between the blades I realized that I needed something that would remove the moisture by working 24/7. so I wrapped the cartridge in a paper towel then placed it in a small baggie with a few tablespoonfuls of salt. I sealed the baggie and put it on a radiator. its been cold enough in Connecticut to heat the house. the salt worked 24/7 and gentle heat usually on to take the chill out of the morning worked together to remove the moisture and allow me to eject a nice sharp vintage blade injected into my I2 shick for a superb DFS this morning.

Thanks, Primo.
You're welcome, but you figured it out! Good job.

75 5,663
 11-09-2019, 03:17 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(11-05-2019, 01:15 PM)RyznRio Wrote: well then, to finish the story of the injector blades that would not eject. Primo's idea to use a hairdryer didn't work but his solution diagnosed the problem. moisture and years of sitting idle had caused the blades to stick together so tightly that they were stuck in the cartridge and wouldn't budge. really stuck. so after oiling the cartridge failed, then using the hairdryer failed to break the bond between the blades I realized that I needed something that would remove the moisture by working 24/7. so I wrapped the cartridge in a paper towel then placed it in a small baggie with a few tablespoonfuls of salt. I sealed the baggie and put it on a radiator. its been cold enough in Connecticut to heat the house. the salt worked 24/7 and gentle heat usually on to take the chill out of the morning worked together to remove the moisture and allow me to eject a nice sharp vintage blade injected into my I2 shick for a superb DFS this morning.

Thanks, Primo.

That is a great example of using reason and logic in problem solving.  Excellent work Holmes.

8 2,693
 11-09-2019, 02:43 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info