09-22-2012, 04:41 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
As promised I received an original Tradere open comb razor for testing from Phil. Thank you very much Phil.

The razor looks and feels almost exactly like the original Tadere production models. The only difference is the head was calmed down a bit and there is absolutely no markings on the razor.

This evening I did three regular passes using a fresh Atra Superior Platinum, Kiss My Face Key Lime shave cream and a Semogue LE TSN 2012 11/100 brush. I mixed up the lather in a DB Bill bowl LE TSN/2012.

This razor shaves identically to the production open comb Tradere. I could not tell the difference. It was a smooth close irritation free shave that left nothing on my face and neck.
I want to use up the Astra before I give any rating to this razor.
These razors are amazing. So know I have tested and used the prototype, orignal open comb and my 2nd gen open comb Tradere with great results from all three.

100 12,439
 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM
User Info
Jerry, well done and i look forward to more results.

75 20,883
 09-23-2012, 04:02 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-22-2012, 08:19 PM)celestino Wrote: Jerry, well done and i look forward to more results.

Next shave Monday

100 12,439
 09-24-2012, 04:14 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Shave 2

Just as smooth and close without irritation as the first shave maybe better. I really like the prototype and prefer it with the same size handle as my Tradere oc 2nd gen. The aggressiveness is about equal to the production model. I can't see a difference.

Shave 3 tomorrow

100 12,439
 09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
User Info
Jerry, thanks for the updates. Continued success.

75 20,883
 09-25-2012, 05:27 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Shave 3 & 4

My final shaves using the Tradere open comb prototype.

#3 last night was as good as the others. The Astra goes very well with the prototype. No issues just a smooth and close shave using two passes.
#4 This morning I did 3 passes with Proraso Sandalwood shave cream and the same Astra blade. The big thing was no irritation and a very close shave.

This was one excellent razor. Its constantly shaved the same way every time. If the head was tweaked it was done with care and only thinking about providing the customer a great razor at a reasonable price. Comparing the three Tradere razors is very hard as they shave very similar. I like my current oc because the handle is slightly smaller.
I want to thank Phil again for giving me the opportunity to try this razor.

100 12,439
 09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Thank you for sharing your results Jerry Smile

9 1,684
 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(09-25-2012, 05:27 AM)slantman Wrote: This was one excellent razor. Its constantly shaved the same way every time. If the head was tweaked it was done with care and only thinking about providing the customer a great razor at a reasonable price. Comparing the three Tradere razors is very hard as they shave very similar. I like my current oc because the handle is slightly smaller.

Hi Jerry

It's interesting to hear you found no real difference between the 3 razors (all provided you with excellent shaves), and as you state any changes that did take place must have been (very) minor and undertaken with great care...

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your findings on these 3 razors Thumbsup

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-25-2012, 11:55 AM)mikeperry Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 05:27 AM)slantman Wrote: This was one excellent razor. Its constantly shaved the same way every time. If the head was tweaked it was done with care and only thinking about providing the customer a great razor at a reasonable price. Comparing the three Tradere razors is very hard as they shave very similar. I like my current oc because the handle is slightly smaller.

Hi Jerry

It's interesting to hear you found no real difference between the 3 razors (all provided you with excellent shaves), and as you state any changes that did take place must have been (very) minor and undertaken with great care...

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your findings on these 3 razors Thumbsup

Take care, Mike

Very little difference Mike. From the prototype to the production model to the 2nd gen I think Richard didn't want to over do it. Trying to keep the heads very similar to one another. All three are great razors and shavers.

100 12,439