10-30-2019, 03:28 AM
User Info
Never tried it. What do you think of it? I want to try it but dont want to spend a lot or buy a kilo because i dont know if i will like it. My 3 kids get most of daddys money....

0 30
 10-30-2019, 04:30 AM
User Info
Well, I like it...a lot! I always get a really nice shave when I use it. However, it has two negatives that you should know about. First, the tub is a smallish diameter, although I just use a smaller brush when I use Cella. The second negative (of greater magnitude to me, but still not a game stopper) is that the soap (tallow based) starts to get that slightly rancid aroma after a few months. If I bought a new tub and used it every day there would probably not be a problem. However, I have quite a few soaps and creams and enjoy using them. That means that the poor little tub of Cella lasts much too long and starts to get the rancid smell. I just tell myself that this is probably like the very old days of shaving. But Cella is quite cheap (as shaving soaps go), so I sometimes toss it before the tub is quite empty. That goes against my upbringing, but I have come to grips with it. I also like the Cella aftershave lotion and balm. I recommend the soap, despite it's flaws. That small, shiny tub just feels good in my hands!

0 2,621
 10-30-2019, 06:05 AM
User Info
Cella (kilo) is part of my rotation of three. Started my third kilo and when it's done in about 2+ years I'll get another. I just cut off a piece press it into it's bowl and rewrap the rest and put into fridge. For those who have many soaps in use. The same can be done with Jared Cella, Just remove what is not to be used within a few weeks, wrap in cellophane and store in fridge. Will last a very long time.

0 8
 10-30-2019, 07:55 AM
User Info
Cella is a completely underwhelming soap considering all of the other options that are out there today. If you're on a tight budget, but want a great performing soap, I would suggest Stirling, Mystic Water, Noble Otter, or Southern Witchcrafts as excellent choices at a good price point.

0 8
 10-30-2019, 10:48 PM
User Info
(10-30-2019, 04:30 AM)Nick Freeh Wrote: Well, I like it...a lot! I always get a really nice shave when I use it. However, it has two negatives that you should know about. First, the tub is a smallish diameter, although I just use a smaller brush when I use Cella. The second negative (of greater magnitude to me, but still not a game stopper) is that the soap (tallow based) starts to get that slightly rancid aroma after a few months. If I bought a new tub and used it every day there would probably not be a problem. However, I have quite a few soaps and creams and enjoy using them. That means that the poor little tub of Cella lasts much too long and starts to get the rancid smell. I just tell myself that this is probably like the very old days of shaving. But Cella is quite cheap (as shaving soaps go), so I sometimes toss it before the tub is quite empty. That goes against my upbringing, but I have come to grips with it. I also like the Cella aftershave lotion and balm. I recommend the soap, despite it's flaws. That small, shiny tub just feels good in my hands!
Same thing happened to me and it also changed a little in color. However, the performance was still good. I still tossed in the end because I missed the original scent. I thought maybe it turned out this way because I bloomed it a few times but maybe like you, I had it for too long. I’m going to try to put it in the fridge next time I get it and see if that helps because I really like the scent and performance, not to mention the price.

7 6
 10-31-2019, 06:03 AM
User Info
It is a fine soap, but there are so many other better options available, these days.

91 21,279
 10-31-2019, 09:32 AM
User Info
One of the best soaps currently available if not the best; I have been using the blocks, in rotation, for years along with Vitos Red with no problems regarding going rancid - just handle and store carefully. Further, I find it a better performer than the artisan offerings I have tried and I have tried many. Thick, dense, glossy lather with great cushion, slickness and post - an absolute winner and good value to boot. Buy a kilo of Cella or Vitos Red, sit back and chill, while everyone else chases the latest hyped artisan soap.

0 11
 11-01-2019, 09:43 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I used it for years until I discovered Boellis Panama.  And, you don't have to buy a kilo to try it.

186 25,775
 11-02-2019, 04:19 AM
User Info
Favourite soap.

[Image: TVMmN5t.jpg]

0 42
 11-02-2019, 08:16 AM
User Info
Thanks for the responses everyone. Yes i have tried other soaps. Stirling, CBL, southern witchcraft, proraso, AOS, Williams and a few others too i have heard a lot of people talk about Cella which is why i posted this in the first place out of curiosity.. I was trying to get more opinions on it..i still want to try cella sometime.......

0 30
 11-02-2019, 05:33 PM
User Info
I believe it’s the best performing soap for the money , I believe people either aren’t thrilled with a pure marzipan scent or they grow tired of it is all. The folks that do enjoy the scent seem to really praise the soap. If it were a vegan soap I think I would use it a bunch to be honest.

84 1,757
 11-02-2019, 05:43 PM
User Info
One of the worst scents ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1
 11-08-2019, 09:35 AM
User Info
Like many of you have stated I also find the scent off-putting. I gave mine away mainly because of that.

9 224
 11-09-2019, 06:17 AM
User Info
(11-02-2019, 04:19 AM)Don Logan Wrote: Favourite soap.

[Image: TVMmN5t.jpg]
I purchased a normal amount. I think maybe from Italian Barber. I like it. It has a marzipan /almond scent. It lathers well. I keep many soaps and creams so it's been a while since I've used it. I would buy again when I use this up but not a kilo. I like variety in my shaves.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

0 8
 11-09-2019, 03:47 PM
User Info
(11-01-2019, 09:43 AM)Johnny Wrote: I used it for years until I discovered Boellis Panama.  And, you don't have to buy a kilo to try it.

I also rate Boellis Panama, but at GBP £35 for 250g or GBP £ 80 with the dish in the UK, even with cognitive dissonance kicking-in telling me it is better because it cost 12 x more than Vitos Red and 6 x more than Cella - thankfully, reality returned, I preferred Cella and Vitos Red.

0 11
 11-10-2019, 02:22 PM
User Info
Honestly, it’s a classic.

Regarding Almond soaps, I have used Cella, Stirling, Boellis, ABC, Siliski, and RazoRock P.160. I personally think that RazoRock P.160 is the best of the bunch, and it is inexpensive.

If you are looking for an Almond Cream, Cyril Salter Almond is very difficult to beat!

Vr

Matt

32 1,816
 Yesterday, 11:30 AM
User Info
It's a classic in the sense that it's been made for long time. Not a bad soap by any regard and you like the scent. I'm not a fan of the cherry almond myself. Contemporary soaps like Cold River Soap Works and Grooming Dept have surpassed Cella both in scent and performance by quite a margin IMO.

0 248
 Yesterday, 09:23 PM
User Info
I bought the 1 kilo block.

I own 150-200 shaving soaps.

I filled a little into an sterile cleaned container and used that. Great performer.

After 3-4 months both the 1 kilo block and the rest I filled into a container turned dark yellow and lost all scent and frankly turned rancid.

I threw it out. Cella is fine if used daily.

Not suited for people with a large rotation of soaps.

Also as others mention, there are so many better or equally great performers out there these days.

25 6,657
 Today, 07:01 AM
User Info
(11-10-2019, 02:22 PM)Ols67 Wrote: Honestly, it’s a classic.  

Regarding Almond soaps, I have used Cella, Stirling, Boellis, ABC, Siliski, and RazoRock P.160.  I personally think that RazoRock P.160 is the best of the bunch, and it is inexpensive.

If you are looking for an Almond Cream, Cyril Salter Almond is very difficult to beat!

Vr

Matt

Nope im not looking for an almond cream thanks for the idea though.. Im just wanting to try cella sometime.

0 30
 Today, 07:04 AM
User Info
Thanks for responses everyone.. At some point i will try cella just to have tried it. Thats why i want to try it just so i will have...

0 30