11-04-2019, 01:30 PM
User Info
Gents,

I am sure that performance is going to be superb from this soap and balm, which has been my experience with all of the Eufros products. My assessment is that Manuel is an uncompromising genius.

Upon opening the container I smell malted milk ball, and then a light leathery pipe tobacco background.

I have been smelling it to determine if I like it...it’s a mysterious enigma to my olfactory senses. I am looking forward to seeing how the fragrance evolves through a shave and post-shave.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the new tobacco fragrance?

Vr

Matt

32 1,824
 11-04-2019, 01:35 PM
User Info
 11-04-2019, 01:56 PM
User Info
Matt, I have not tried Manuel's new Tobacco scent.  However, I've read highly positive comments on it from various guys who have used it.  I had his prior Tobacco scent, and it was excellent.  I believe BullGoose may be receiving some of the new Tobacco soap and balm, and I'm definitely getting the soap.

By the way, you may want to try Asylum Old Virginia.  It's a true tobacco scent, not the sweet scent one often finds in shaving soaps.

60 9,651
 11-04-2019, 03:16 PM
User Info
I have both the Eufros and the ASW Old Virginia. Are you ready??? They are both very good, but IF I had to pick one, I would choose the Old Virginia. 

74 5,609
 11-04-2019, 03:35 PM
User Info
(11-04-2019, 03:16 PM)primotenore Wrote: I have both the Eufros and the ASW Old Virginia. Are you ready??? They are both very good, but IF I had to pick one, I would choose the Old Virginia. 

I had ASW Old Virginia and I think I like the fragrance better than the Eufros Tobacco. However, if this Eufros Tobacco performs in accordance with what I have experienced from the three other Eufros soaps...I will prefer it. I just think Manuel’s soaps are that good.

That being said WSP/ASW makes a great performing soap with solid fragrances!

Vr

Matt

32 1,824
 11-04-2019, 08:05 PM
User Info
I did not notice a discernible difference in scent from initial release of tobacco years ago to the present iteration. Same scent. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

216 1,272
 11-04-2019, 08:46 PM
User Info
(11-04-2019, 08:05 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote: I did not notice a discernible difference in scent from initial release of tobacco years ago to the present iteration. Same scent. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I have never heard that Manuel had altered his original Tobacco scent, as well, unless I am mistaken. The only thing I know is that he changed his tallow soap base. 
I have some from more than two years ago and it is a superb scent.

91 21,279
 11-05-2019, 03:18 AM
User Info
(11-04-2019, 03:35 PM)Ols67 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:16 PM)primotenore Wrote: I have both the Eufros and the ASW Old Virginia. Are you ready??? They are both very good, but IF I had to pick one, I would choose the Old Virginia. 

I had ASW Old Virginia and I think I like the fragrance better than the Eufros Tobacco.  However, if this Eufros Tobacco performs in accordance with what I have experienced from the three other Eufros soaps...I will prefer it.  I just think Manuel’s soaps are that good.  

Vr

Matt
"Does anyone else have any thoughts on the new tobacco fragrance?"

Matt,
Your original post asked about the "scent". I directed my response accordingly. Had you asked which soap performed better, my answer would have been different.

74 5,609
 11-05-2019, 12:39 PM
User Info
(11-05-2019, 03:18 AM)primotenore Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:35 PM)Ols67 Wrote:

I had ASW Old Virginia and I think I like the fragrance better than the Eufros Tobacco.  However, if this Eufros Tobacco performs in accordance with what I have experienced from the three other Eufros soaps...I will prefer it.  I just think Manuel’s soaps are that good.  

Vr

Matt

Matt,
Your original post asked about the "scent". I directed my response accordingly. Had you asked which soap performed better, my answer would have been different.

Fair enough Joe...truth! Sometimes my minds wanders!

I didn’t shave today, so I didn’t get to try it out. I might wait a few days and do a really nice straight razor shave!

I hope that your week is going well!

Vr

Matt

32 1,824
 11-05-2019, 02:47 PM
User Info
(11-05-2019, 12:39 PM)Ols67 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 03:18 AM)primotenore Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 03:35 PM)Ols67 Wrote: I had ASW Old Virginia and I think I like the fragrance better than the Eufros Tobacco.  However, if this Eufros Tobacco performs in accordance with what I have experienced from the three other Eufros soaps...I will prefer it.  I just think Manuel’s soaps are that good.  

Vr

Matt

Matt,

Fair enough Joe...truth!  Sometimes my minds wanders!

I didn’t shave today, so I didn’t get to try it out.  I might wait a few days and do a really nice straight razor shave!

I hope that your week is going well!

Vr

Matt
Thanks, Matt. You, too. The Eufros soap base is magnificent. Love it. I have eight and they are equally wonderful. The Tobacco is quite subtle and the matching balm enhances it nicely. Lastly, I don't think there is a nicer gentleman in the shaving world than Manuel. I always enjoy our correspondence.

74 5,609
 11-05-2019, 05:29 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(11-04-2019, 01:56 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: By the way, you may want to try Asylum Old Virginia.  It's a true tobacco scent, not the sweet scent one often finds in shaving soaps.

+1. ASW Old Virginia is one of a handful of scented soaps I actually like and enjoy using.

15 3,755
 11-06-2019, 06:31 PM
User Info
I used Eufros Tobacco this evening with a Brian Brown 6/8 straight razor, and the shave was great!

This soap, to my nose, smells of a creamy malted milk ball with hints of pipe tobacco in the background. I have decided that I like it, especially after the lather gets going, and it’s able to evolve a bit.

Another winner from Manuel!

Vr

Matt

32 1,824
 11-07-2019, 02:35 AM
User Info
(11-06-2019, 06:31 PM)Ols67 Wrote: I used Eufros Tobacco this evening with a Brian Brown 6/8 straight razor, and the shave was great!

This soap, to my nose, smells of a creamy malted milk ball with hints of pipe tobacco in the background.  I have decided that I like it, especially after the lather gets going, and it’s able to evolve a bit.

Another winner from Manuel!

Vr

Matt
Good description! The ASW is much more "tobacco" familiar.

74 5,609