09-23-2012, 04:25 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I sort of feel like I'm lacking or missing out on something because I don't have any Trumper soaps or creams.

It doesn't make sense, I know and I have tried Trumper's Coconut cream which lit my face up instantly so I PIF'd it.

Now, I think that I'd like to give one of their soaps a try. I've had just about every variety of their colognes at one point and I do like all of their scents so that's not an issue for me.

I'm just really looking for their best performing soap. There seem to be different formulas with their modern soaps, some seemingly MUCH better than others. Can you give me a heads up on the performance of their current soaps and which one would likely be the best performer irrespective of the scent? Are any of them worth a purchase?

Thanks!
Eric

6 905
 09-23-2012, 05:19 AM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
I'm at work so I can't really give you a long winded response, but my personal opinion on the matter is don't waste your time or money.

The performance of their soaps is less than that of Williams and Vdh from your local grocery. People will claim that you can still get good performance out of certain bowls with certain codes on them, but I personally wouldn't bother. Much better options are readily available.

13 599
 09-23-2012, 06:58 AM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
For at least the past year, reviews for Trumper's soap seem to be all over the place, depending on which reformulation you receive. Most reviews seem to be negative. I took a chance on the Trumper Rose (in wooden bowl) about 6 months ago and have been quite pleased with the performance and scent. My box did have the "good code" on it. Harris is still a better soap overall (I have all 5), but I just wanted a rose scented soap.

0 204
 09-23-2012, 07:03 AM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
Still looking for a good one once your Trumpers is gone? I highly recommend Klar Kabinett.

(09-23-2012, 06:58 AM)njpaddy Wrote: For at least the past year, reviews for Trumper's soap seem to be all over the place, depending on which reformulation you receive. Most reviews seem to be negative. I took a chance on the Trumper Rose (in wooden bowl) about 6 months ago and have been quite pleased with the performance and scent. My box did have the "good code" on it. Harris is still a better soap overall (I have all 5), but I just wanted a rose scented soap.

13 599
 09-23-2012, 10:00 AM
  • Elbe
  • Wolfsburg, Germany
User Info
I have a GFT rose, quite good, but there are better soaps around. And half a year ago I bought a Limes. Total flop. Wasted money. Never a GFT soap again! Performance below average, but a premium price. Harris is much better!

Their creams are great, however. Love the coconut!

0 229
 09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
User Info
My GFT's are a couple of years old. I recently bought an almond puck, but reading the GFT thread on TSR, I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what.

9 2,988
 09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I dont have much problem with any of them , even the Eucris , which I learned to manage well and get tons of slick lather out of it.
Ill go for the Rose and the Violet ones first and later for the Almond.
We will see the new Coconut and Sandalwood soap ingredients and how they perform.

86 7,123
 09-24-2012, 04:56 AM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
I have their Eucris and the performance is ok. Requires proper technique to get a decent lather. I wouldn't say they are bad, but I'm not blown away either. I enjoy the Eucris in my rotation but if it didn't have such an intoxicating scent I wouldn't keep it. In terms of performance, the best comparison would be Floris. I find the formulations very similar in all regards. I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the same manufacturer.

9 541