12-01-2019, 01:14 PM
User Info
Gents,

Does anyone else have/use the Modular SRD Paddle Strop?  

I was fortunate enough to acquire one that was NOS from a fellow TSN member.  I used it today, and I not only loved the resulting edge on the Wacker razor from honing...CrOX module, rough leather module, and smooth leather module, but I also enjoyed the ease of use and piece of mind.

I do alright with my Tony Miller Heirloom Horsehide Strop, but I always have the thought in the back of my mind that it isn’t maintaining perfect bevel alignment for optimal edge geometry.

I overthink even the slightest variables/factors in pursuit of excellence in almost everything I do, and the paddle strop eliminates the concerns of alignment, holding the hanging strop too tight, not tight enough, Rolling the edge, etc etc when stropping the razor!  

In closing I really like the paddle strop, and will likely stick with it for awhile...see how it goes!

Vr

Matt

35 2,046
 12-01-2019, 06:12 PM
User Info
(12-01-2019, 01:14 PM)Ols67 Wrote: Gents,

Does anyone else have/use the Modular SRD Paddle Strop?  

I was fortunate enough to acquire one that was NOS from a fellow TSN member.  I used it today, and I not only loved the resulting edge on the Wacker razor from honing...CrOX module, rough leather module, and smooth leather module, but I also enjoyed the ease of use and piece of mind.

I do alright with my Tony Miller Heirloom Horsehide Strop, but I always have the thought in the back of my mind that it isn’t maintaining perfect bevel alignment for optimal edge geometry.

I overthink even the slightest variables/factors in pursuit of excellence in almost everything I do, and the paddle strop eliminates the concerns of alignment, holding the hanging strop too tight, not tight enough, Rolling the edge, etc etc when stropping the razor!  

In closing I really like the paddle strop, and will likely stick with it for awhile...see how it goes!

Vr

Matt

I've had an SRD paddle strop for about 10 years.  One side has leather and the other one felt with CrOx.  I ultimately switched to balsa wood for the CrOx, so the felt does not get used anymore.  I occasionally strop on the leather side of the paddle strop, but generally use one of my hanging strops.  The paddle strop is not inherently superior to the hanging strop.  Stropping is quite simple and does not require mathematical precision in how the strop is held.  Essentially, you're just rubbing steel on leather.

60 9,816