12-04-2019, 04:43 PM
User Info
Anyone who uses a bath soap or shampoo bar ends up with a sliver that is too small to hold in the hand for use and gets thrown out.  Does anyone know how slivers could be combined so that they could be used up more completely instead of being wasted?

[Image: enwlSvn.jpg]

239 13,901
 12-04-2019, 07:38 PM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
(12-04-2019, 04:43 PM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Anyone who uses a bath soap or shampoo bar ends up with a sliver that is too small to hold in the hand for use and gets thrown out.  Does anyone know how slivers could be combined so that they could be used up more completely instead of being wasted?

[Image: enwlSvn.jpg]

I have this question as well.  I'm going to try squooshing (sp?) some together and see what happens.

Hopefully someone comes along with a good idea.

66 1,922
 12-04-2019, 08:52 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
When the sliver is of the same kind and basic shape of my replacement soap, I'll shower with the replacement soap then push the two wet soaps together somewhat forcibly and let them dry. A sliver of Mike's Natural usually will combine well with a another bar of Mike's and they will usually stick together so that I can use the sliver. Otherwise I put the sliver into the soap dish by my sink and use it as a hand soap. If I'm accumulating too many slivers in the dish, I'll keep the one I like best and toss the others. The artisan soaps are generally softer and easiety to mush together, but I've been unable to do it with the triple milled bath soaps such as D.R. Harris.

38 6,147
 12-05-2019, 01:12 AM
User Info
I do the same as Richard. I kind of get frustrated when a milled soap doesn't melt/adhere to another soap. Then I have to remember is such a small piece of soap it doesn’t matter really.

9 1,547
 12-05-2019, 05:38 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I squeeze them into an empty shave soap jar with as much force as I can muster. When done “properly” they generally form a bond worthy of use in the shower.

15 3,878
 12-05-2019, 06:00 PM
User Info
Sorry to be vague but I have heard of some sort of cloth pouch to place the slivers in. Then just lather with the pouch as you would the bar.

1 72
 12-05-2019, 09:30 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I could save them up until I had a half dozen, then grate them and press the gratings together to form a new bar.

38 6,147