12-05-2019, 02:59 PM
User Info
Gents,

I really like to drink Sangria, and this soap nails the fragrance of the drink...nails it 100%!

The lather was fantastic, just like the thick and shiny sour cream like consistency that most people desire.  

In the past, I have not been overwhelmed by the Sebum soaps due to a lack of residual slickness.  However, this soap did have decent residual slickness, and the post-shave feel was quite nice!  I was a bit pressed for time this morning, and I didn’t think to take any photos, but I will when I shave again later this weekend!

I used it with a 7/8 Wacker straight razor, and the shave was truly a beautiful thing all around!

My opinion...Sebum Red soap...worth every penny!

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 12-05-2019, 04:39 PM
  • dominick
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
(12-05-2019, 02:59 PM)Ols67 Wrote: Gents,

I really like to drink Sangria, and this soap nails the fragrance of the drink...nails it 100%!

The lather was fantastic, just like the thick and shiny sour cream like consistency that most people desire.  

In the past, I have not been overwhelmed by the Sebum soaps due to a lack of residual slickness.  However, this soap did have decent residual slickness, and the post-shave feel was quite nice!  I was a bit pressed for time this morning, and I didn’t think to take any photos, but I will when I shave again later this weekend!

I used it with a 7/8 Wacker straight razor, and the shave was truly a beautiful thing all around!

Vr

Matt

Hi Matt,
What other Sebum soaps do you have in your inventory. I just shaved with the Sebum Green today and the results are excellent.
Thanks for the review.
Ciao
Dominick

0 28
 12-05-2019, 05:31 PM
User Info
(12-05-2019, 04:39 PM)dominick Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 02:59 PM)Ols67 Wrote: Gents,

Vr

Matt

Hi Matt,
What other Sebum soaps do you have in your inventory. I just shaved with the Sebum Green today and the results are excellent.
Thanks for the review.
Ciao
Dominick

Dominick,

Hello!

I have used Gold, Purple, and Red. I currently only have Red and Purple on hand. I am going to revisit purple next week.

I also have the purple, lime, and blue serums on hand, and they are all top notch!

Glad you had a great shave with Green. I haven’t tried the soap, nor the serum of that variety.

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 12-07-2019, 05:12 AM
User Info
Another SUPERLATIVE shave with the Wacker and the Sebum Red Sangria.  I have found that the spiciness of the red pairs extremely well with the spiciness of Penhaligons Sartorial AS Balm and EDT!

Vr

Matt

[Image: YdGNEjb.jpg][Image: NcGSH6H.jpg][Image: pcxFpwz.jpg][Image: VAzWvQO.jpg][Image: 0JJmuvs.jpg]

35 2,189
 12-08-2019, 07:27 AM
User Info
Nice brush! Which one is it?

0 14
 12-08-2019, 09:25 AM
User Info
(12-08-2019, 07:27 AM)Manoss Wrote: Nice brush! Which one is it?

Thanks! It is a Paladin Phantasia with a 28mm bulb knot. It has quickly become my favorite brush!

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 12-11-2019, 11:20 AM
User Info
I received my Red set, today.
Scent is an olfactory delight, especially in the serum medium.
Performance is typical of other scents in the brand, both soap and serum, although I find the Red serum to be the faster absorbing.
Wonderful stuff.

35 5,562
 12-11-2019, 12:29 PM
User Info
 12-11-2019, 12:54 PM
User Info
(12-11-2019, 11:20 AM)Optometrist Wrote: I received my Red set, today.
Performance is typical of other scents in the brand, both soap and serum, although I find the Red serum to be the faster absorbing.
Wonderful stuff.

David,

I am glad that you like it...I found the soap to perform better than purple and gold (the only soaps I have tried)...perhaps it’s in my head!

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 12-11-2019, 12:57 PM
User Info
(12-11-2019, 12:29 PM)bkatbamna Wrote:

Bahahahah! Just don’t see TV like that anymore! Hilarious! I may need to drink some sangria this weekend!

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 12-11-2019, 01:22 PM
User Info
(12-11-2019, 12:54 PM)Ols67 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 11:20 AM)Optometrist Wrote: I received my Red set, today.
Wonderful stuff.

David,

I am glad that you like it...I found the soap to perform better than purple and gold (the only soaps I have tried)...perhaps it’s in my head!

Vr

Matt

Matt, only one use of Red so my opinion may change, but initial impression is the soap behaves similarly to the other five I have used. I'd definitely rate the serum a level higher in terms of absorption. though.

35 5,562
 12-12-2019, 02:36 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Hi Matt!

I also just acquired the Red and it is probably the MOST epic lather I have ever created, and while I originally used a synthetic, I actually got better lather using a Shavemac Finest brush that I made myself.  Ugly as heck, but that knot, wow.

I was wondering about the other soaps, as now this has piqued my interest a LOT...Also what about the Red Serum?  I'm intrigued.

Matt

91 1,762
 12-12-2019, 04:44 PM
User Info
(12-12-2019, 02:36 PM)Crag Wrote: Hi Matt!

I also just acquired the Red and it is probably the MOST epic lather I have ever created, and while I originally used a synthetic, I actually got better lather using a Shavemac Finest brush that I made myself.  Ugly as heck, but that knot, wow.

I was wondering about the other soaps, as now this has piqued my interest a LOT...Also what about the Red Serum?  I'm intrigued.

Matt

Hello!

Unfortunately, I just have the Lime and Purple Serums...I have been thinking about buying a red serum to match my soap I like it so much!

However I also have my eyes on another razor and a honing stone...too bad I can’t buy em all right now...I have to prioritize!

Speaking of epic lathers...I had a beautiful beautiful MDC Fougere lather yesterday...it was wonderful...30 second load with a damp brush, and 2 tsp of water dripped in a half a tsp at a time with a syringe as I was lathering.  I also suspect it could have handled a little bit more as well...I am keeping a log from now on and am going to work on truly dialing in my favorites!

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 12-12-2019, 06:08 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Sounds so luxurious! I've also been adding with a syringe and it just froths up so beautifully! We are probably the only shave geeks that do this, but it feels good to know I'm not alone...haha. My wife rolls her eyes when I prep the sink.

My best lather with MdC Agrumes was a 24mm Declaration B6 and 10cc with a 30 second load and about 2 minutes bowl lather time...it was crazy how much lather I made...water was tepid.

I used a Wizamet in my Weber DLC for 3 passes and a chin touch up, but I could have done 3 more passes, lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

91 1,762
 12-15-2019, 07:21 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
(12-12-2019, 02:36 PM)Crag Wrote: Hi Matt!

Matt

They recommend a semi-dry synthetic, but I get the best lather with my Shavemac.  I think it's a Silvertip.  My synthetic is far too soft, and I don't use it much, except when travelling.

The Latte is the richest, and has an almost spiritual scent.  Of course, I love coffee, so that might have something to do with it.  Leaves my skin soft.  Winter weather is rough up here in Canada, so choosing the right products is very important.

I also love Purple.  

And Gold.

And Green.

I super-lather with Meissner Puristic.  (unscented).  I get an even better lather.

1 606
 12-21-2019, 06:41 AM
User Info
Gents,

Hello!  I used a minty 1941 Gillette Aristocrat loaded with a Shick Plus Platinum blade from the early 1970s on its third use, along with Sebum Red...the sangria scented shave soap!

I loaded the soap with distilled water 1/2 tsp at a time until it was super-hydrated...right up to the edge.  The resulting lather was fantastic, and it had plenty of residual slickness.  The fragrance is that of a spicy sangria, and I love that boozy scent!

The end result was an extreme BBS with zero irritation, it doesn’t get any better!

Vr

Matt

[Image: oCKqwLr.jpg][Image: dHMvBZk.jpg][Image: gI9tsT0.jpg][Image: YyQbK9X.jpg][Image: S5cseOu.jpg][Image: kUuWGwv.jpg][Image: 3XaibNb.jpg]

35 2,189
 01-26-2020, 11:25 AM
User Info
[Image: 2cDgBe1.jpg][Image: XGP5Rrt.jpg][Image: bZqEoZM.jpg][Image: A7fUAR9.jpg][Image: u0PSH5C.jpg][Image: gK079YR.jpg][Image: SapDo9h.jpg]Gents,

Sebum Blue strictly judged on performance and fragrance is for me, a top five soap.

I am glad that I did not give up on the sebum soaps, and my latherings are getting better and better!

Blue is better than Red, and the post-shave feel before putting the serum on was probably one of the absolute best that I have experienced.

Very nice indeed!

Vr 

Matt

35 2,189
 02-12-2020, 03:40 AM
User Info
I’m only a 1 pass shaver WTG. I think I could do well with this soap only face lathering. I don’t need mounds of yogurt. As long as my brush is filled I’m good to go.

0 114
 02-12-2020, 10:13 AM
User Info
(02-12-2020, 03:40 AM)BBS Kirk Wrote: I’m only a 1 pass shaver WTG. I think I could do well with this soap only face lathering. I don’t need mounds of yogurt. As long as my brush is filled I’m good to go.

I think so as well! Plus...I believe that the lather of Sebum tends to hide in the brush more than other soaps I have used. It looks like I don’t have much going on in the bowl, and then then I do a brush squeeze and the ooey gooey lather makes its appearance!

Vr

Matt

35 2,189
 02-18-2020, 06:20 PM
User Info
Really nice shave this evening...Sebum Blue lather was impeccable, as was the serum!

Vr 

Matt

[Image: Zs5aStO.jpg][Image: OSsvRgf.jpg][Image: QvvPd1Z.jpg][Image: WhBN8Er.jpg][Image: pwNG8WJ.jpg]

35 2,189