12-08-2019, 03:29 PM
User Info
Sorry, I’m sure you all are tired if my posts. ? I’m just trying to treat hubby to a nice gift and I need to make sure I get what will work best with his skin. Since using his safety razor, he’s been using primarily Lucky Tiger aftershave or NIVEA sensitive skin aftershave. I would love to get him something that has a little fragrance to it without it tearing his skin up. I like my guy to smell fresh but not overpowering. Thanks again for any advice!

0 9
 12-08-2019, 03:45 PM
User Info
Cold River Soap Works - post shave crème or any aftershave splash

64 1,877
 12-08-2019, 07:41 PM
User Info
Speick splash is nice and healing, as is D. R. Harris arlington.

Scents are very subjective though, are there some generalizations that might guide the suggestions? does he/do you like a powdery barbershop scent? citrus? perhaps there is a cologne or splash that you both like that we can use as a reference.

36 2,124
 12-09-2019, 11:30 AM
User Info
(12-08-2019, 07:41 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Speick splash is nice and healing, as is D. R. Harris arlington.

Scents are very subjective though, are there some generalizations that might guide the suggestions? does he/do you like a powdery barbershop scent? citrus? perhaps there is a cologne or splash that you both like that we can use as a reference.

Hi there! Thank you for the suggestions. He and I both like Gorgio Armani Aqua de Gio and Ralph Lauren Light Blue.
Light and fresh, not too musky.

0 9
 12-16-2019, 07:28 AM
User Info
I have sensitive skin and use Nivea as well. 

I recently picked up Duke Cannon AS balm Ice Cold. It's alcohol free, with shea butter and menthol. Scented with bergamot and sandalwood, it feels stronger going on due to the menthol but I like the scent as a good change of pace from unscented balms. No problems with my skin after multiple uses. Available at local pharmacies and online.

0 50
 12-16-2019, 08:38 AM
User Info
NIVEA you're already familiar with, but I like Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave and Proraso Wood & Spice as well when I'm tender skinned... my beloved wife likes to borrow some of the later when she's epilated her legs; it's a nice woodsy scent both she and I enjoy - top notes are safron and cumin, main body are cedar and sandalwood, and the base notes are vanilla and rock rose.

Bulldog Skincare have a series of products for sensitive skin, among them an after shave balm. It don't have much scent at all though, so it fails on that criteria even if it's a decent enough balm for every day use.

3 7,185
 12-16-2019, 10:58 AM
  • P.B
  • UK
User Info
My skin often reacts to scented aftershaves. Speick has a fresh citrus scent and is a safe bet. If you’d like something a little nicer for Christmas then DR Harris Pink is fabulous if you like a fresh gentle rose scent and this is great for sensitive skins.

1 248
 12-16-2019, 12:13 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(12-09-2019, 11:30 AM)Chol1024 Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 07:41 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Speick splash is nice and healing, as is D. R. Harris arlington.

Hi there! Thank you for the suggestions. He and I both like Gorgio Armani Aqua de Gio and Ralph Lauren Light Blue.
Light and fresh, not too musky.

Perhaps take a look at Barrister and Mann. They make an aftershave called “Waves” that you and your husband might like.

16 4,329
 12-21-2019, 10:13 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
I use a cocktail of Pitralon then Groom Dept unscented serum followed by a dab of Antica Barbieri AS Balm usually the Apricot Hull

6 694